The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By, Gabriella Celentano 

I love makeup. I loved watching makeup tutorials on Youtube when I was younger and was always trying to find ways to upgrade my makeup routine. Years later, that hobby is still something I love to do. I am going to share the top five game changer makeup tips that I have picked up through the years.

1. Skin Prep

Skin prep is a very important step in making your makeup last all day or night. Always start makeup on a freshly cleansed face and put on skin care products like Hyaluronic Acid and moisturizer. I usually use The Glow Recipes Plum Plump Hyaluronic Acid Serum, paired with Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost Gel moisturizer.  I let that seap in my skin for a couple of minutes before applying my primer. 

1. Tinted Moisturizer > Foundation

Tinted moisturizer is the best alternative for foundation. I have not used a foundation in so long because of tinted moisturizers. Tinted moisturizers have a much lighter feeling on the face and look more natural than foundation. The only downside is that it is not as full coverage as foundation, but you can apply more to build up coverage and it still feels lighter than foundation in my opinion.  My favorite tinted moisturizer is the ColorPop Pretty Fresh, and it is one of my favorite products I’ve ever purchased. 

1. Under eye concealer after bronzer and blush 

This is one of my favorite hacks of all time. I always used to put my concealer on my under eyes before putting on my bronzer and blush, which would always make my under eyes look very dull. Applying concealer after applying cream bronzer and blush brightens up the under eyes, making you look more awake. 

1. Powder Puff for Translucent Powder

Using a little powder puff for translucent powder literally is life changing, especially if you struggle with acne or textured skin. I don’t know the science behind this one, but trust me, it makes my skin look flawless and covers up my acne PERFECTLY. I get mine from Amazon, where they come in a pack of 12 for 9 dollars. They work wonders and I seriously recommend trying this to anyone. 

1. Eyeliner after mascara 

I learned this hack from one of my favorite TikTokers, Alix Earle. She said that if you apply eyeliner after mascara it is easier and looks better. I obviously had to try and I had to agree with her. I never use eyeliner. I just use black eyeshadow and an angled brush because I think it’s easier than actual eyeliner, but applying it after you put on mascara or eyelashes makes it look more connected to your eye.

Hi! I'm Gab and I am from New jersey. I am an upcoming sophomore majoring in communications with a concentration in Integrated Marketing Communications.