This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Ciara O’Leary

Fashion trends today are turning over faster than ever. Some last longer and are more prevalent than others. I’ve compiled a list of trends that, in my opinion, need to end… now. 

Trucker Hats

This trend has been going strong for over a year now. It was cute at first – the funny phrases and flashy logos. However, I just feel like it’s starting to get played out. I believe it will be a strong trend following into the summer, as they become cute and practical on sunny days. I might keep mine around for a little while longer. But honestly, this trend should be seeing its way out sooner rather than later.

Cow Print

Cow print has been around for quite some time now. It is an undeniably cute pattern. However, i just think that it had its time. It surely will not be a classic print that will stick around for years to come. It has its moment, and now it’s time to go.

Crocs

Nope. Crocs should never be a thing. Even if they have a platform. Just no.

Abstract Patterns

Patterns can be fun. They spice up an outfit and add an eye-catching element to a look. However, there is one pattern that I cannot stand to see any longer. It’s that swirly, wavy, marble-type pattern. You’ve seen it on every basic TikTok girl – it’s sold at Shein, Forever 21, Zara, etc. and it just needs to go.

Ciara O'Leary

Manhattan '22

Senior at Manhattan College pursuing a communications degree with a love for traveling, photography, music, fashion, and writing.