This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Samantha Keating

Colleen Hoover, a long-time New York Times Bestselling author, has reached peak success this summer. She currently has six books on the New York Times’s bestseller list, as well as a movie production in the works for her 2016 novel, It Ends With Us. In October, Hoover will be releasing the sequel to It Ends With Us. The highly anticipated novel It Starts With Us will hit stands on October 18th.

While some believe Hoover’s novels have been overhyped and overread, the majority of her readers fall in love with each story she pens. Hoover has the unique ability to make her readers fall in and out of love with her characters in less than a page. She’s known for her dramatic plot twists that tend to leave readers’ jaws dropped and in awe. 

In her decade-long career, Hoover has written 26 novels, each with its own unique and shocking twist. She has written some of the greatest love stories of the decade, (Reminders Of Him, Heart Bones, etc.) that convey the perseverance and power of love. 

Something that really makes Colleen Hoover so special is her ability to write about such vastly different models of love. Through her novels, she includes various types of families and different models of love. She never shies away from trauma and always shows love for what it is. The good, the bad, and the ugly. 

Hoover’s novels are admired and adored by many, for so many reasons. Her stories are so consuming you can’t help but be fully engrossed in them from start to finish. She has strong female leads who preserve through the darkest of situations, some based on women in her own life she knows and admires. Her books are captivating and wonderful and in my personal opinion, she deserves all the hype.

A full guide to the reading order of Colleen Hoover’s books can be found on her Instagram story. Her books are available for purchase on her website, colleenhoover.com, as well as Amazon, Walmart, Target, & Barnes & Nobles. 

Samantha Keating

Manhattan '24

Junior at Manhattan College studying English & 5-year elementary and special education!