Tattoos are a big decision that you can make to alter your body when you become an adult. I personally love meaningful tattoos and asking people the story behind their tattoos. Here’s a list of some of the best meaningful tattoos that I’ve seen!

Semicolon Tattoos

I’ve seen a couple of people who had this and it’s one of my personal favorites. Its a sign for the awareness of mental illness and suicide, to not end your life with a period, but to keep going and add a semicolon.

Family Members Handwriting

Getting a phrase that a loved one has written is a great way to remember them and keep them with you after they have passed.

I am Greater Than My Highs and Lows

Personally, I have this tattoo and I have wanted this tattoo since I was 14. It describes my relationship with type one diabetes. I got this tattoo in symbols, I >↑↓.

Religious Inspired Tattoo

Whether it be a cross, star of David, hilal, etc. If you are committed to your faith and what you believe in, this is a great way to show it.

Important Dates

Important dates are also a great way to remember a day that was celebrated and that will impact your life forever. Getting them in roman numerals is super classy and so cute.

Getting a tattoo is a big decision, so I hope this list inspired you to get one that’s meaningful to you!

Bridget Turro

Manhattan '23

Bridget is a sophomore at Manhattan College. She is majoring in political science and minoring in woman and gender studies. She loves animals, traveling and exploring NYC.