Always Make Time For Yourself, And Always Follow Your Heart In The Process

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

We have all been in a place in our lives that we would do anything to relive. We have also been in a position where we have had feelings for an individual but were afraid of moving forward because we didn’t want to get hurt. So, to protect our heart we tend to let go. But that isn’t always the easiest path for us to take. I was talking to a friend yesterday and she was explaining to me how they were afraid of moving on with a special someone because of the possibility of getting hurt. We all experience life in different ways. Some may take risk and some won’t. The most important thing is to realize that in situations like these, the best thing to do is to follow your heart. Your heart will never fail you. If your heart wants you to take a risk, it will tell you. If you know deep down inside that things aren’t going to work out, it’s important to get yourself out of the situation in order to protect yourself.

I have to admit that I haven’t made the best decisions when it comes to my life. But one thing that I haven’t done was regret the decisions I have made because I have learned from them and they’ve shaped me into the person that I am today. We should never be afraid to take risks in life because we never want go back and say, “I wish I did this.” Whether it involves a relationship with someone or career wise, it is best to follow your heart. If you fall, get back up and I guarantee you’ll be a better person with a different mindset. One thing we can’t do in life is relive a moment that we didn’t take in to begin with. The next day will always be different. One of my goals for this year is to continue to live life with no regrets, and to make decisions that are best for me.  I hope you guys will do the same. You are all important and the things you do in life should be important to you also. I know so many people that didn’t take risks because they were afraid. I too was one of those people. One thing that I have learned along the process was to always make time for yourself. You might loose many people within the process, but don’t let it stress you out because whoever is meant to stay in your life will stay. That’s one of the main reasons I moved to New York. Many people ask me why move from California? It’s to experience different things I’ve never seen before in my life, to take risks, to conquer the world in a place I know I can, to be selfish and follow my dreams. Everyday I create more pictures to add to my life long collage that I will cherish forever whether it’s good or bad. So wrapping it up, always follow your heart because I promise you will never regret it, and never be scared to be selfish once in a blue moon.

XOXO, Muks