This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Now I know my ABCs, but now they’re all about MC:

ACDs– At this point in the semester, we’ve probably used all of our on campus dining dollars on Starbucks. Because, hey, it’s Starbucks. 

Bronx- No, Manhattan College isn’t in Manhattan anymore (not since 1922). But we’re in a beautiful section of the Bronx and a subway ride away from Manhattan, so is there really any use in complaining?

C-Block- Good old C-Block. Need I say more?

Division 1 Sports- We have a bunch of Division 1 sports teams on campus and we won’t let you forget that. Men’s Basketball is going for their 3rd MAAC title in a row and you know we’re hyped about it. Also, volleyball and girls’ soccer both had excellent seasons. Athletics are definitely one of our strong points.

East Hill- If you dare call East Hill “Lee Hall,” the upperclassmen will be quick to correct you. It will always be East Hill. 

Freshman 15- Are you kidding? It doesn’t exist here because of all the stairs. 

Gaelic Park- Home of some of the “best” frat parties and that obscure Irish Music Festival every fall.

Horan Mailroom- You get your email about your package and then it’s time to make your journey all the way over to Horan (unless you’re the lucky one who lives in Horan). Sometimes it’s open or sometimes it’s closed until 2pm (and of course, you have class at 2). But what would we do without our mailroom? Not get our NatureBox orders, that’s for sure. 

Internet- Good old JasperNet. It’s a love-hate relationship.

Jasper- We get it, we get it. What the heck is a “Jasper?” Named after Brother Jasper, who introduced baseball to the school and is credited as being the founder of the 7th-inning stretch, we don’t have the most common mascot. But we show our pride just the same.

Kelly Commons- The newest building on campus that has the school store, student activites, the fitness center… most importantly it has STARBUCKS.

Locke’s- The most important place on campus that has the most important stuff any college student needs: food. As much as we complain about Locke’s, we do have some pretty awesome food in there sometimes like sushi expo, fried oreos and a brand new pasta station in home kitchen. You can’t forget about TexMex – everyone’s favorite go-to.

Manhattan Madness- Nowhere else will you see every member of the mens and womens’ basketball teams dancing to their favorite songs, the cheer and dance teams performing and maybe even a special appearance by Lloyd Banks.

No Hoverboards- Yes, this is a thing. Hoverboards have been banned from Horan which is crazy that it was even an issue in the first place. But here at Manhattan, you’ll see a bunch of people on hoverboards and it’s okay, you can be jealous. They’re really cool.

One Train- The best subway line of them all, which takes us into the city or just to Target a few stops away. We all cry when it’s down for construction during the weekend partly because we’ll miss it’s jerky tracks and no-service underground stops and partly because it’s inconvenient.

Pasta Station- The newest addition to Locke’s in the home kitchen. But I mean, it’s more food. So you can’t go wrong there.

Quiet Hours- Sometimes it seems like there aren’t any because it’s rare that people actually follow them. Sometimes the screaming in the hallways stops at 2 a.m. or the DJ playing music above you will finish playing his dubstep whenever he feels like it. 

Roommate- You either love them or hate them. I hope you love them because obviously you’re sharing a room with them and living with them. (P.S. shoutout to my roomie, you’re the best and I love you but no we aren’t getting a puppy. Sorry.)

Student Activities- Discount tickets to Broadway shows, sporting events and other NYC events? Student Activities always hooks us up with the best tickets and we even have some awesome speakers like Bethenny Frankel and awesome performers like Mike Posner for Quadstock!

Tour Groups- Nothing is more awkward than making eye contact with the tour groups when they come through Locke’s or trying to slide past them when they’re in a dorm building. It’s funny seeing tour groups taking their trip around campus because not too long ago, we were in their spot. 

Under Construction- First it was the Quad, then it was all the side of the Chapel, then it was painting everything, then it was the scaffolding in front of the Chapel and now it’s (finally) the elevator in Jasper Hall. Just like the posters say, they’re only trying to update our campus to make it better. But watch your step around the scaffolding!

View from the Terrace- One of the most picturesque spots on campus. If you haven’t taken a picture on the terrace during the sunset, do you even go here?

Walking- Like I said before, the dreaded Freshman 15 doesn’t exist here. Whether it’s the stairs to Draddy from C-Block or the walk to Leo, you’re going to be out of breath. But it’ll all be worth it in the end. 

(e)Xperience- Yeah, this is cheating, but Manhattan College offers so many internship and networking opportunities that you’ll get a lot of experience in your field of study to get the most experience. You’ll definitely be grateful for it because maybe it’ll land you a job or put you in contact with someone who has connections!

Your RA- Okay this is also somewhat cheating, but your RA either makes or breaks your living situation. But basically every MC RA does a great job decorating their floors, hosting events and helping out whenever you need it. 

Zzzz- Depending on the time in the semester, you’ll either be getting a lot of this (weekends, breaks between classes) or not a lot of this (midterms, finals, when you procrastinated on that paper). But not surprisingly, naptime is the best thing to exist ever. 

Class of 2019. Communication Major. Film Studies/Digital Media Art Minor. Maryland girl exploring NYC and writing all about it! Follow me on Instagram: @taylorbrethauer and Twitter: @itstaybytheway Stalk my photography blog here: throughtaylorsviewfinder.tumblr.com