jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

50 Signs He’s Over You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

It’s been two years and you’re fully convinced that you’ve found Prince Charming, but it ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. Here are 50 not-so-subtle hints that he’s just not that into you… anymore. 

1. His long morning paragraphs have turned into one word texts.

2. He no longer sends you an array of heart and smiley emojis.

3. He puts a lock on his phone and is very overprotective of it.

4. When asked about his day, he briefly describes it.

5. He finds more excuses to fight, rather than resolve the issues at hand.

6. He stops reminding you how much/why he loves you.

7. He stops showing affection, whether in public or in private. 

8. No where does it say you two are in a relationship on his Facebook/Instagram/Twitter. 

9. You can’t bring up anything about his female teammates/friends, god forbid. We’re the psycho, jealous girlfriends remember?

10. He constantly ignores your stories, gossip, jokes, breakdowns.

11. He’d much rather spend time with “the boys” than with you. 

12. He no longer makes any effort to show he cares. I mean, does he even? Probs not.

13. His gentleman qualities/manners no longer exist. What happened to opening the passenger door or refraining from cussing in front of a lady? 

14. Going on adventures or walks is too much of a hassle. 

15. He checks out other girls in front of you. Sweetie, we have great peripheral vision! 

16. Making plans becomes quite the burden.

17. He purchases drinks for random girls at the bar because “that’s the nice thing to do.” What?

18. His schedule is just always “too busy.” Don’t give me that unless you’re a ChemE. 

19. His phone seems to “die” every Friday or Saturday night. How convenient… 

20. His new pals have no idea you’re his girlfriend. 

21. He no longer holds your hand in public.

22. He deletes all of your coupley pictures off social media. You don’t have family on Insta, what’s your excuse? 

23. Decides to glue himself to his phone while you’re having a crisis or venting.  

24. He can’t take a day off at the gym to see you. God no, that’s just blasphemy. How dare we even suggest that?!

25. He is no longer intimate with you. 

26. Everything you do irks him.

27. He immediately gravitates towards others girls at a party.

28. He lets go of your hand when other girls walk by.

29. He blames alcohol for any touchy feely actions towards other girls. 

30. Stops inviting you to family gatherings. His loss, you were Grandma’s favorite in-law. 

31. That cute kissing picture you took by the Rockefeller tree is no longer his wallpaper.

32. He thinks you overreact over the slightest things.

33. It’s been so long, and yet, he doesn’t think date nights should still be a thing… Really?!

34. He forgets your anniversary (this should be a done deal, tbh).

35. Playing XBOX is far more amusing than anything you have to say. 

36. His dorm is not decorated with one ounce of your gifts or pictures.

37. He suggests you hang out with your girlfriends more.

38. Doesn’t laugh at any of your jokes anymore even though you’re goddamn hilarious ;)

39. Remember how’d he shower you with compliments? He hasn’t said one cute thing in months.

40. He stashes all your new gifts at the bottom of his closet. 

41. Takes an eternity to respond to one simple text and blames it on homework. NEWSFLASH: no one does homework for 10 hours! C’mon, we’re not that dumb.

42. He no longer cares about the revealing club outfit you and your girlfriends are wearing out.

43. Instead of wiping your tears away, he stares down at the floor.

44. He’s tried breaking up once or twice before. 

45. He still texts/hangs out with his ex-girlfriend.

46. You literally have to ask him to kiss you.

47. He no longer has a filter and actually offends you consistently.

48. He ditches plans. 

49. He calls you needy every time you ask for a simple request. 

50. He calls you by the wrong name… Honey, that’s your cue to leave! 

Ladies, it’s better to be alone than in bad company. 

Vanessa Sanchez is a Sophomore at Manhattan College, majoring in I/O Psychology, with a minor in Management. Devoted to helping and making others smile, she dreams of one day moving to the Upper East Side and working in the fashion industry. Aside from her passion for fashion, she is a Gossip Girl fanatic, avid food lover, Barça fan, and travel enthusiast. Follow her on Instagram: @vansanch