5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your Closest Gals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Single for Valentines Day? Don’t stress it, you’re not the only one! Celebrate this year’s Valentines Day with some of your best girlfriends. It’s safe enough to say that there is no stronger love and bond than that of best friends. Here are some fun ways to celebrate this day with the girls that matter most.

1)   Indulge without the Guilt:

Start your day by preparing a delicious breakfast for you and your friends. You deserve it! Gather with a group of your closets girls and enjoy the breakfast foods that you usually try to avoid. After all, it is a holiday! Today is a guilt-free day! One of our favorites are chocolate chip banana pancakes; of course since its Valentines day, get creative and attempt to shape them as hearts! Sticking to the theme of love, add some festive colored strawberries on top to the finished result, so the color of red is present all throughout your day!

2)   Pamper Yourself:

To prepare for the rest of your day, treat yourself to a mani-pedi with your girls! We can all get caught up in our hectic schedules, so today is your day to give your self a little gift and a lot of love. To make this day extra special, show your festivity and stick with red or pink colors for your nails! This season is all about the nail décor, so spice up your look and go for some nail designs on your manicure! Hearts are the most appropriate for the day, but if your not feeling that, one glitter nail is always a cute accent to add, and definitely a fad right now.

3)   Wine and Dine:

Nothing says a girl’s night like dinner and some drinks. This Valentines Day, go out with your girlfriends and enjoy a delicious meal. Spice it up a little and enjoy something like a Mexican cuisine and frozen margaritas (That’s if your 21 and up). Most Mexican restaurants have different flavor options to their frozen drinks, so try something that you usually don’t get! Have all your girl friends order a different flavor, so you can sample them all. The best part of celebrating today with your girls is that you can all enjoy and sample different appetizers as well. Like I said earlier, today is GUILT FREE! Don’t hold back!

4)   Girls Night In:

There is nothing wrong with having a simple girls night in this Valentines Day! There are so many fun options from the comfort of your own home. For starters, host the classic but always-fun movie night. Discuss your favorite movies of all time with your girls, and together choose one you all agree on. Keeping the spirit alive, maybe try to choose a Romantic-Comedy. Obviously when having a night in, that means snacks! Prepare a Valentines Day treat, such as dark chocolate covered strawberries! After all, there is nothing better than relaxing and laughing all night long with the ones you love!

5)   Night out on the Town:

Not really feeling sitting in all night? Have a GNO! After all, today is all about you and your girlfriends. Put on your cutest outfit and best heels, and go out with your best friends! Grab a drink with your closest crew. Hey, maybe you girls can even flirt with a few guys! After all, your single and the night is young! Have some fun for the night, and meet some different people! The best nights come from having your girls by your side!

Junior at Manhattan College. Major in Public Relations and minor in Business Marketing