This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

No desire to leave bed, sick to our stomaches, basically feeling like we’ve just been runover by a truck. We’ve all been there. It’s that same feeling you felt last week when you were hacking up your Best Deli and proclaiming to your friends that you’ll never drink again. But everyone, including yourself, knew that wasnt the truth. So instead of feeling like total Sh*t every Saturday and continuing to make these false claims every week, I’ve compilied a list of ways to prevent these horrible hangovers from happening.

1.Water, Water, Water

The most obvious, you need drink water the entire day you plan on drinking and then continue that while your drinking at night (which everyone forgets) so pair that vodka Redbull with some perrier to help lessen your hangover pains. 

2. Take a multivitamin

Drinking alcohol makes your body lose a lot of nutrients and taking a multivitimin can help restore what’s been lost.

3. Food full of Healthy carbs and protein

Drinking on a full stomach helps absorb alcohol slower and helps keep your blood alcohol content lower.

4. Choose Fruit juices rather than Soda

Although they’re both packed with sugar, fruit juices can have certain vitimins that soda doesnt. So why not choose the lesser of both evils?

5. Getting a full night of sleep

When you don’t get a good nights sleep on a normal day, you usuauly feel horrible. So factor in some hours of dancing and few drinks and you can imagine how bad you’ll feel. So rest up before hand to prepare for your night.