10 Typical Instagram Posts By Girls at Manhattan College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Every college has its specifics that only students who attend the school understand. Attending school in New York City, it’s an obligation for us collegiate girls to keep our Instagrams in tip top shape; not only to ascetically please ourselves and our friends here, but to make our friends and family back home scream with jealousy every time we add a new post. Here’s a few things you’re likely to see on the Instagram feeds of girls at Manhattan College.

1.) Their Food in Lockes

Whether it be a picture of your ice cream, or a creative meal you made in the home kitchen, it didn’t happen and you didn’t eat it unless you post it on Instagram.

2.) Their Off Campus Meal  — “Not Lockes”

It’s not an Instagram worthy meal until it’s “not Lockes”.

3.) The View from the Library Terrace

The view from the O’Malley Library is beautiful, but lets be real. The majority of the time it’s pictured on Instagram, it was planned ahead of time, not taken mid study session. It’s obvious when girls go to the terrace at approximately 6:18 pm, directly after asking Siri when the sun will set, just so we can get the perfect picture with a great backdrop. 

4.) The Typical “Roomie Picture”

These pictures are the best. The prime time to take these photos is directly after you and your roommate move in. The dorm is organized and perfectly decorated and it’s all about the angle, making sure the room looks big and the lights you spent too much money on are included in the picture. (We all know girls spend more time cleaning for the picture than it took to take the picture.)

5.) The Squad on the Subway

These pictures are usually taken either on the subway or in-between stops, when you’re on your way to Manhattan. It starts off with two girls, then one more hops in as a joke, and before you know it, it ends up being a squad picture within seconds. These pictures are best taken before you leave the subway and your hair gets ruined by the rain, and they’re also usually taken before one of your girlfriends goes missing, or you lose your wallet. 

6.) The Obligatory Picture at Fens or Riv

Whether you drink or not, I don’t think you’re officially a Manhattan College student until you have a picture at either Fens or Riv. Do I need to explain any further?

7.) You and Your Friends Twinning

You say it’s intentional but everyone knows you did it purposely, just for the Instagram picture. 

8.) Your Starbucks

Thankfully, we have a Starbucks on campus, so these pictures are everywhere. How far do you think a girl would a girl travel just to get her pumpkin spice latte? 

9.) Picture of the Quad

What’s not to love about the Quad? Whether there’s people sitting on the steps, playing Kan Jam on the grass, relaxing on a blanket reading a book or sitting on a bench in between classes, the Quad is always the best place to be. 

10.) Missing Home

As great as Manhattan is, there’s no place like home.

Don’t forget to follow these loveley ladies on Instagram!

@sammonfils

@erinspadaccini

@evapugliese

@dronkertem

@kimjelich

@carolineferrii

@jacquieerodaa

@sshhellss

@eringee_

RikkiLynn is a New Jersey native who currently attends Manhattan College where she is majoring in Communications and English. She enjoys writing about all things pertaining to health, life, love, style, sex, and words. When she’s not writing, she enjoys drinking coffee, filmmaking, painting, photography, reading, running, traveling, and doing yoga. Stalk her at rikkilynn.com.