This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Whether you’re thinking about rushing this semester or you’ve never considered it before, here are a few amazing reasons you should rush AYPi!

1. “We’re all so different!”

With over 35 girls, all having different majors and interests, you will be exposed to a ton of different ideas as well as meet girls you may have never talked to otherwise.

2. We defy the stereotype of a “sorority girl.”

From engineers to business and law majors, we have a little bit of everything. We are a group of hard working girls that are proud of the organization we stand behind.

3. You never have to worry about going to Lockes alone.

Someone is always around to grab food in between classes so you never have to worry about being the person taking up an entire table to themselves.

4. You will make memories and friends that will last a lifetime.

Being in a sisterhood means that the friends you make become your family and the things you do with your sisters will stay with you forever

5. Someone always has what you’re looking for.

Whether it is a dress for a night out, makeup or hair expertise, or help revising your resume, there is always someone who will come running to your rescue.

6. You gain a Big Sister that will protect you and stand up for you at all costs.

For most girls, getting their Big is the best part about being in a sorority. Having someone to be close with and go to for anything is something that can never be replaced.

7.  You will always have at least 35 girls ready to support you in everything you do. 

Running for student government? Starting a new program? Trying out something new? Your sisters will always have your back and help you through all the good and bad times.

8. No matter where you are in the world or in your life your sisters always make sure you feel a part of the sisterhood.

Sometimes things happen and you have to be away from your school and your sisters, but you know that no matter what your sisters will be there for you.

9. We work hard to support The American Cancer Society, which is our Philanthropy.

All year long we participate in events such as the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Walk, Relay for Life, and our annual People Auction where you can buy a service from a friend and all the proceeds go to The American Cancer Society.

10. You become a part of a family.

When it comes down to it we are a family. A crazy, unique, caring, loving family, and nothing can replace the bond you have with your sisters.

So come to our rush events this February in Kelly Commons and see what you can be a part of! Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. @alphaupsilonpi

Senior Public Relations major at Manhattan College. Makeup enthusiast and Netflix junkie.