This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.

Yes, they’ve been around for a while. We all have a pair of dirty Converse that desperately need washing, or a pair of nike running trainers that have now become a part of everyday dressing. However, trainers have now become the most popular footwear since Crocs (just kidding!).

Since Chanel flaunted their couture trainers (unfortunately not quite at Converse prices!) in the Spring/Summer 2014 couture collections in Paris, the trainer has become something which was once bought only for practicality, and is now bought to wear on nights out, whilst out shopping and worn by celebrities and models globally.

Here in Manchester, the brand New Balance have taken over when it comes down to “what shoes to wear on a night out.”

• Wear them with shorts and a crop top or a dress, and you’ll be accepted into any club night around. What’s better than looking around and seeing someone stumbling and moaning in their crippling heels, whilst you are running, dancing, and practically grinning so much that it’s your teeth that are hurting, rather than your feet?

So next time you venture out; pick up some trainers and make the most of the freedom of pure comfortably-cool bliss while it lasts.

(Photo credits to chanel.com, highsnobiety.com)