This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.

“I challenge @RichScotts to kiss 10 girls in 3 minutes at #ManchesterUniBeerfest #jointheaction” – Betify

In December last year, Her Campus Manchester visited the VIP area at Beerfest, run by Betify.

https://www.facebook.com/getBetify

Betify is a new app that works by bringing students together. Chris, the CEO and Founder of Become one Marketing, who works with the Betify app, tells us a bit about the app and answers all our questions.

Chris is also founder and CEO of Become One Marketing, his marketing agency which engages brands with the student market in fun, quirky ways. They don’t play around with ‘everyday flyering,’ and don’t like to tell people what to do.

Instead of the marketing norm that we’re all bored of, the agency likes to get involved in events at Unis – The Beerfest at Manchester Student Union, for example – and put on something a little bit different. Tonight this includes a photo booth and silent disco – “so silent that no one can hear it.”

• An example of Become One Marketing using these cheeky and quirky ideas is for Red Bull. (This is more than likely to have happened to you at some point in your time in halls!) 
  • Student Ambassadors get into the kitchens in halls and slip a load of Red Bull cans into the fridge.
  • They leave a sticky note saying “Borrowed some milk left you some wings.” – Chris is quick to point out that no milk is actually borrowed!

[pagebreak]It seems that the aim of Become One Marketing is to engage students in the brand, on their terms, on their level by using fun, engaging experiences.

So – how does the Betify app fit into this??

– “Betify is a young student brand, created by a student, for students. It enhances social situations by allowing you to create a challenge between friends, so that usual wagers you have between mates,

“Bet you couldn’t do that, I challenge you to run around the rugby field naked”

etc come to life.” It’s totally free to play and soon you will be able to redeem real rewards if you top the leaderboard – discounts, event tickets and much more!”

– You create the challenge on the app, and your Facebook newsfeed allows other people to see these challenges and interact with them. They can comment, join in and get involved with the challenge.

Chris explains, “This is for play money. It’s all an odds game. The harder the challenge, the more people will bet that the player can’t do it. This is publicized through social media, Twitter and Facebook.”

However, if you prefer a naughtier, private challenge, you can create private challenges between a specific group of people –

“Personal challenges are strictly between those people, allowing you to have cheeky banter between just you and a few friends.”

[pagebreak]You might have heard of Brand Ambassadors. Chris describes these people as the “cool kids” on campus, or “key opinion leaders” – at Manchester this is sports social secs and SU presidents. The BA’s love the brand so much that they engage their friends at the right level using peer-to-peer marketing. This enhances the brand. “The ambassadors love pushing every chance to the limit, challenging their lives and push everything to the extreme. They have fun and making the most of every scenario.”

The app is currently in a testing stage, and undergoing major improvements. At the moment, Betify is only available on Iphone. No need to worry, as it should be up and running on Android in no time.

Betify is not just a mobile app but a lifestyle for people who like to enhance their lives, pushing the limits and taking their social experiences to the next level.”

• It seems there’s a lot to look forward to – from an Official Betify Games Opening party in April, the launch of a mini Betify games rivalry with Manchester Met, to a constant steam of extreme sports on the up-and-coming Betify YouTube channel.

Betify is bringing about its own sporting events and activities where key athletes will become the face of the brand and take what we already know about sport and break the boundaries. Free runners jumping further and climbing higher than ever before, adrenaline junkies creating their own spectacles to shock and entertain the public and even our own Beerpong championships all enhanced and publicised through the Betify App, Betify World and Betify Lifestyle.”

If you fancy having an excuse to get involved with the athlete lifestyle, pushing every chance to the limit, start using the social app now!

So, here at Her Campus Manchester we are all for spreading the word of Betify. Don’t know where to start? 

• Like Betify on Facebook (follow the link below) so you can hear about more events they’re doing in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/getBetify

You can see more about the Betify lifestyle on their website http://getbetify.com.

• Chris also told us that the team is looking for a part time blogger and if interested you can contact him directly at chris@getbetify.com

There’s a lot of fun to be had, don’t miss out!

HCXO

(Photo credits to Betify)