14 Pumpkins Which Are Better Than Yours

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manchester chapter.

There’s something strangely satisfying about carving a pumpkin, even for us Uni students. I’m sure I’m not the only one who rushes to the store days before Halloween in search of that perfect orange soon-to-be masterpiece, with full confidence in the fact that it will be up there with Picasso in years to come.

This idea is usually thrown out of the window half way through the carving process, when I can’t even get the eyes to be the same size, never mind sculpt a human face. In the end, the finished product is always the same – two eyes, maybe a nose, and pointy teeth (sometimes with vampire fangs for that added effect). If you’re anything like me, you’ll be blown away by these incredible pumpkins. How do they do it?!

And just to make you feel a little bit better about your own artistic abilities, here’s my pumpkin for this year, wonky eyes and all!

(Photo credits to artinpicture.com,, blogspot.com, Caroline Alexander, evollt.com, extremepumpkins.com, i-am-bored.com, ihogeek.com, larryhotz.com, mymodernmet.com, pumkingutter.com, reddit.com, smosh.com, spoonfull.com and theawesomer.com)