This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Have you ever had someone insult you to your face, and it actually stings? When people speak to each other, what we say matters. Words can cut like knives, but they can also heal. It is easy to talk bad about someone, but showing kindness is about as rare as common sense these days. With women, especially, it is easy to get carried away with gossip or trash talk another woman.

Women have to stick together! Ladies, if we do not advocate for ourselves, then who will? Throughout history, there have been female leaders that will forever be remembered. From Cleopatra to Oprah Winfrey, women have been kicking butt. However, post-COVID there has been a surge of negativity amongst women. Unfortunately, this disrespect leads to a weaker bond against one another. 

With the assistance of social media, people have become self absorbed and desensitized to the world outside their digital screen. We are confined to the walls of cyberspace and lost in a world of self-degradation. By using social media to our advantage, women can use their voices to rebuild a broken community outside of the internet. It is crucial to build a foundation on which women can trust one another.

Sisterhood is the ability to trust another woman so much that they can show kindness with no questions asked. Despite not knowing someone, which can easily be fixed, women have a natural bond that could and should be embraced. Regardless of our circumstances, one woman should always stick up for another woman. Females are more than their insecurities and pettiness that is projected; we are a force of nature to be reckoned with when we work together.

XOXO, Andrea Berman

Andrea Sofia Berman is a creative writer and Education major. She is passionate about children and helping people. She loves to use creativity to express herself, and hopes to spread positivity through writing.