Why You Love One Tree Hill So Much, and Still Do

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

One Tree Hill is a television show filled with drama, passion, romance, hardships and life obstacles that can make anyone become invested. Following the lives of Brooke, Lucas, Peyton, Haliey and Nathan adventures in high school plus their adult lives were enthralling. That is one of the many reasons why you love One Tree Hill so much. The show grabs your attention and makes you highly invested in these iconic characters’ lives. One Tree Hill is an unforgettable show and here is why you love it so much! 

Brooke Davis “An Icon”

The majority of the show is tied to Brook Davis played by (Sophia Bush) and her ability to see through everyone’s lives including her own. She is sassy but a heart of gold. Brooke was not only iconic but she even launched her own fashion line “Clothes Over Bros”. 

Nathan and Hailey Romance

Many of the romances in One Tree Hill did not last, but Nathan and Hailey were forever. Nathan being Lucas’ half brother and Hailey being Lucas bestie, the two fell in love and even got married in high school. Leave it to the writers to throw in many curve balls into their relationship but Nailey pulled it through. 

Peyton and Brooke Friendship 

Another love to the show is the friendship between Brooke and Peyton, practically sisters and childhood friends who’ve dealt with everything while they were by each other’s sides. From the boy troubles, Peyton’s mom death, or being held hostage they always came out of every situation stronger. 

The Love Triangles 

The Peyton, Lucas and Brooke love triangle was unique in the earlier seasons of One Tree Hill. Lucas’ love for both girls made it impossible to choose “the one standing next to him when all his dreams came true. although nothing beats the love that Brooke and Peyton have for each other. In the later seasons *spoiler alert* Lucas marries Peyton but never loses his respect for both Brooke and Peyton. 

The Music

If there is anything about One Tree Hill it is their music. One of the greatest soundtracks of all time. For every moment in the show there is always that perfect song to go along with it. Not to mention One Tree Hill also has live performances by Kid Cudi, Fall Out Boy, Gavin Degraw and more! 

One Tree Hill is for sure one of the best coming of age shows in the 2000s. Between the drama, the music and even those tear jerking moments, there is always something to come back for.

Kayla is currently a Senior at Lynn University majoring in Communications  with a focus on social media. Kayla spends a lot of her time participating in a variety of Lynn’s media outlets. Kayla has co hosted a weekly segment for the Lynn radio and for the past year has been a contributor on Her Campus Lynn social media and wrirting for the magazine.