This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

I’m sure everyone has noticed that Colleen Hoover has taken over Tik Tok over the past couple of months. This brings back an idea we probably learned in middle school: reading for pleasure is a good thing! Being able to get lost in a book is such a great experience. Once you get hooked on one book, that’s all it takes to start your reading journey. Some may say that reading takes much longer than just watching the movie or TV series, but the idea that the film is never as good as the book is reoccurring.

I have started my reading journey with none other than It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover. It has been a great book to spark my reading interest once again. Reading can also be a form of self-care; setting time aside each day before bed or while relaxing by the pool can be a great time to open the book and start reading. Once you get into the flow of reading for pleasure again, you will find that specific authors and genres are your favorite. Then from there, you will find more and more books that allow you to, in a sense, escape reality, even if it’s only for a little while. I believe that is the beauty of reading and why everyone has been reading for pleasure again. 

If you want to start your journey but are unsure how, here are a few recommendations I’ve gathered from Tik Tok and Instagram reels that could help you. Most of these books can be bought on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

1. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover 
  2. A million kisses in your lifetime by Monica Murphy 
  3. Pretty and Reckless by Charity Ferrell 
  4. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover 
  5. The seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid 
  6. Verity by Colleen Hoover 
  7. The love hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood 
  8. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah 
  9. Dark and Shallow lies by Ginny Myers Sain 
  10. All Our Hidden Gifts by Caroline O’Donoghue 

Remember that reading for pleasure is supposed to be fun and something you do for yourself. This can be very rewarding because life can sometimes be overwhelming with deadlines and due dates, so when you take reading and make it only about you, it can become something that brings pleasure! 

Hi, my name is Anabel and I’m a student at Lynn University. My major is social entrepreneurship with a minor in law and legal studies. I love going to the beach and spending time with friends. I joined her campus to meet new people and practice my writing and editorial skills.