What to Do With Your Friends for Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

The holidays are coming up and a lot of us will be going back home for break. This means you will be seeing some friends that you may have not seen in a while due to school. So, here are some holiday themed activities that you can do with your friends! 

Decorate a Gingerbread House

I do this with my friends all the time and we love it. Basically you can get these gingerbread house kits from anywhere like Walmart, Target, or Amazon. My friends and I will even have a competition to see who made it better. This is a really fun and competitive activity to do with your friends. Click here for the kits! 

Driving Around to See Christmas Lights 

Since I am from New York, Christmas is a big deal. We have The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in Manhattan and The Dyker Heights Christmas Lights in Brooklyn. These are two things I like to do with my friends. It is a good way to catch up with each other and get in the holiday spirit. Even if you do not live in New York you can still drive around town wherever you live and see what Christmas decorations people have put up. 

Christmas Movie Night 

This is my favorite activity to do. Watching Christmas movies really just puts me in the holiday spirit. I feel so happy and cozy when I watch Christmas movies. So this is also a fun thing to do with your friends. You guys can make hot chocolate and s’mores and maybe even sit around a fire and watch Christmas movies. Here are some of my favorite of all time: 

Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas; 

Home Alone; 

Santa Paws (all of them); 

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer. 

These are my suggestions for things to do with your friends over Christmas break. Personally, Christmas is my favorite holiday and I cannot wait to celebrate it this year. 

Happy Holidays to you all and enjoy your break!

Jackie is Senior at Lynn University. She is a Marketing major and has big plans for her future. She enjoys many things like fashion, content creating, and spending time with friends and family. Some of her passions are creating content and fashion. She is also the Marketing Director & President for her chapter. She hopes to have a successful career and a bright future!