This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

No doubt this academic year was unlike anything we’ve ever experienced before. Moving to online classes while also trying to adjust to life during a pandemic is no simple task. But as the semester comes to a close I’d like to give you some ideas on how to decompress when classes end. 

roadtrip map
Photo by Tabea Damm from Unsplash

• Plan a vacation/ get away

Being at  the end of a semester can feel like the biggest drag. We can become unmotivated, but a good way to combat that is to plan a vacation or get away to look forward. For me planning a vacation to Disney can help motivate me to finish my work and go to class. I use it as a reward for myself and it really works. But for those how feel a little nervous to travel durning the pandemic; a get away can be a better option. For example, staying at an Airbnb not to far from where you live. Going to a different environment with different energy can help you relax and forget about your worries. 

• Get a massage/facial 

Sitting on your computer can cause tension and pain in your neck, back, and shoulders. Getting a massage can help elevate that. Getting a massage is also a great time to meditate and connect with your mind and body. Your mind is a muscle and it needs time to relax and slow down. 

Also, getting a facial is an amazing way to relax and treat yourself. Not only does it make you feel good but is also beneficial for your skin.  

• Go to the pool/beach 

Being from Florida, going to the beach or the pool was the most obvious thing to do, but I still love doing it. To me the beach is so calming and beautiful and as soon as I step on the sand I’m relaxed. I also feel like there is so much to do at the beach. Some of my favorite things to do are tan, play volleyball, and walk near the sea. 

woman listening to music and dancing
Photo by Gustavo Fring from Pexels

• Listen to your favorite music 

Listening to your favorite music can help you clear your head and take you to a happier place. For me my music can take me anywhere. Some of my favorite music to listen to are musical soundtracks like, Hamilton, Wicked, 35mm, Beetlejuice, and so many more amazing shows. I believe these soundtracks can travel transport you to these different places and times. 

After an extremely complicated year you deserve to treat yourself. Take time to relax and reconnect with your body and see the benefit later!

Bryanna is a Junior at Lynn University majoring in Fashion and Retail with a Minor in Psychology. This is Bryanna's first year written for Her Campus at Lynn and she is very excited to share her ideas with everyone. She has a passions for Disney, theatre, make up, and baking. One of her biggest goals is to make others happy though what she creates. Her biggest dream is to be a costume designer for Broadway Musicals.