This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Thanksgiving is the time of the year to spend time with your family,where you have an amazing dinner with them and just be thankful for everything. The food is one of the most important things for this holiday. So here are some recipes to make in  your next Thanksgiving meal. 

My Mom’s Cornbread 

Ingredients: 

● 1 Box of Jiffy

● 1 Can of corn (drained) 

● 1 Can of Cream Corn 

● 1 Cup of sour cream (8oz) 

● 1 Stick of melted butter 

Directions: 

1. Mix all ingredients together 

2. Grease a pan with butter or margarine 

3. Pour the mixed ingredients into the greased pan 

4. Bake for 55-60 minutes at the oven temperature set at 350 °F 

Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon: Tyler Florence 

Ingredients: 

● 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes 

● 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling potatoes after cooked 

● 1/4 cup honey 

● 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 

● Salt and freshly ground black pepper 

Directions: 

1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F 

2. Lay the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a roasting tray. Then drizzle the oil, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper over the potatoes. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes in the oven.

3. Take sweet potatoes out of the oven and drizzle with more extra-virgin olive oil. 

Link to recipe & video:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/roasted-sweet-potatoes-with-honey-butter-recipe-1946538

Perfect Apple Pie: Pillsbury Kitchens

Ingredients: 

● Crust 

○1 box (14.1oz) refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box 

● Filling 

○ 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium) 

○ ¾ cup sugar 

○ 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 

○ ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon 

○ ¼ teaspoon salt 

○ ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg 

○ 1 tablespoon lemon juice 

Directions: 

1. Heat oven to 425°F and place one pie crust in an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Make sure to press firmly against the side and bottom. 

2. In a large bowl, mix the filling ingredients and then spoon into a crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge. Cut slits or shapes in several places in the top crust. 

3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the apples are tender and the crust is golden brown. Cover the edge of the crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after the first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on the cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.

Link to recipe & video:

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/perfect-apple-pie/1fc2b60f-0a4f-441e-ad93-8bbd00fe5334

Here are some traditional Thanksgiving recipes that I think would be perfect to make for the holidays. Your guest will love eating them as much as you had fun making them. I know I can’t wait to make these recipes for my own thanksgiving.

Jackie is Senior at Lynn University. She is a Marketing major and has big plans for her future. She enjoys many things like fashion, content creating, and spending time with friends and family. Some of her passions are creating content and fashion. She is also the Marketing Director & President for her chapter. She hopes to have a successful career and a bright future!