This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Do you ever sit back and think about the movies you watched that came out when you were a
kid? Remember that feeling of coming home from a long day of school, doing homework, and eating a family dinner, and then 8 pm comes, and you are ready to watch whatever Disney movie was playing that night. I remember doing that all the time, and I was so excited to watch the new movie that Disney produced with my favorite stars from other shows. So, a few weeks back, I was feeling nostalgic and went on a marathon watching old Disney Original movies. And it was so surreal to watch these movies that I watched as a kid as an adult. I felt a sense of happiness and calmness. So here are my three throwback comfort movies that will remind you of being a kid again!

Another Cinderella Story
Another Cinderella Story starring Selena Gomez is about a girl, Mary, who lives with her evil stepmom and stepsisters and is their housemaid. She is not a popular girl but loves dancing and dreams of attending a competitive dance school away from her step-family. Joey Parker is a famous pop star who wants a normal high school year. They meet at a masquerade ball and fall in love through their dance. At the end of the night, he wants to know her name, but she runs out of the ball because she has to be home before her stepmother sees she’s gone. While she runs, she drops her iPod, and Joey Parker goes on a mission to find out who it belongs to and is the girl he fell in love with. This movie really touched me, even as an adult. It is a cute film and a great modern-day spoof of the Cinderella movie. These characters and their love story are really touching, and the end is the best, but I won’t spoil it. But this was definitely my favorite and one I would recommend.

Hannah Montana: The Movie
Like many teenagers, Miley Stewart, Miley Cyrus, juggle family, friends, and school, but unlike her peers, she has a secret pop-star persona called Hannah Montana. When Hannah’s soaring popularity threatens to take over Miley’s life, her dad, Billy Ray Cyrus, steps in to give the teen a reality check. Back home in the Tennessee town of Crowley Corners, Miley embarks on an exciting adventure even Hannah Montana could not imagine. This movie was really special for me because I can relate to when Miley returns home and sees her family and friends. The love that her family, friends, and community show her is incredible. This is definitely an emotional roller coaster of a movie, but it is really sweet, fun, and has the best ending!

Starstruck
Jessica Olsen, a small-time girl in Michigan who just wants to stay home, goes up with her family to visit her grandmother in Los Angeles. She reluctantly goes expecting a low-key holiday but meets superstar Christopher Wilde, otherwise known to Jessica, the guy she hates, but Christopher has other ideas. They go on an adventure, and she slowly starts falling for him, only to be crushed by him when he says he wants nothing to do with her on National TV. She returns to Michigan heartbroken, but Christopher wants to prove that he only wants her safe from the paparazzi, so he does something that no one expects. This movie is a favorite for me and my friends. Not only is the plot fantastic, but the music is even better. I even have the soundtrack on my playlist! This is a fun and exciting movie with many twists and surprises. But the end is an absolute shocker for everyone!

All these movies I watched as a kid and watching them again as an adult are so fun and nostalgic. Watching them as an adult made me look at them differently. Try to watch these three when you can and want something nostalgic.

Jackie is Senior at Lynn University. She is a Marketing major and has big plans for her future. She enjoys many things like fashion, content creating, and spending time with friends and family. Some of her passions are creating content and fashion. She is also the Marketing Director & President for her chapter. She hopes to have a successful career and a bright future!