The White Lotus’ breakout stars and Kim Kardashian’s Skims campaign demonstrate the influence of popular culture in marketing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

The White Lotus’ breakout stars and Kim Kardashian’s Skims campaign demonstrate the influence of popular culture in marketing. Fans’ favorite actors Simona Tabasco and Beatrice Grann appeared in a lingerie advertisement for Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line, Skims, about six weeks after season two of “The White Lotus” ended. 

For her brand’s Valentine’s Day collection, Kardashian posted pictures and a video of the actresses who played Lucia and Mia on Instagram on Monday. Real, regular women using this product to better themselves is one of the things the Skims brand represents. To create this impression of the items, Skims uses approachable and aspirational characters. While other postings on Skims’ Instagram profile normally receive between 2,000 and 6,000 likes, the company’s first Instagram post for the campaign received more than 45,000 likes. Compared to the brand’s typical range of 30,000 to 70,000 views, the campaign TikTok video has received more than 1.1 million views.

As “The White Lotus” fans are probably keeping up with their favorite celebrities on social media, they might participate in the Skims campaign to feel even more connected. Certainly, Kardashian, whose estimated net worth is $1.8 billion, possesses the social and financial power to persuade important figures to take part in her advertising initiatives for example Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Candice Swanepoel, who are Victoria’s Secret supermodels, modeled for Skims last year.

Even though you won’t be able to match Kim Kardashian’s popularity overnight, you may participate in these pop-culture discussions. Another strategy to naturally increase social interaction on your brand’s page is to share relevant posts on social media at the appropriate times.

Hi! My name is Megan and I am from Long Island NY studying at Lynn University! I love to go shopping, hang out with my friends, and go shopping!