Signs Of The Times?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Signs Of The Times?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
ORIGINAL GRAPHIC BY SUMI DEY FOR HER CAMPUS

The Evolution of Pete Davidson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Pete Davidson is a comedian, writer, producer and actor. He grew up in Staten Island, New York. Since 2014 Pete has been a member of the comedy show Saturday Night Live. He has also done stand-up comedy appearing on Adam DeVine’s House Party and Jimmy Kimmel Live! as well as going on live tours. He co-wrote and starred in the semi-autobiographical comedy-drama film The King of Staten Island in 2020. 

Pete Davidson on Saturday Night Live

Pete is 28 years old and he has gone through some pretty hard times. When he was only seven years old his father, Scott Matthew Davidson, died while being a firefighter during the 9/11 terrorist attack in 2001. His mother is Amy Davidson. 

Pete was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease when he was 17 years old. He would find it difficult to eat enough food to keep up his weight and energy levels. Davidson told People magazine that “There was a point where I couldn’t get out of bed. I was 110 pounds.” He told High Times, “Weed [was] the only thing that would help me eat” and said, “I wouldn’t be able to perform on ‘SNL’ if I didn’t smoke weed.”

Pete Davidson has a history of dating really pretty and famous women. First, it was US actress and stand-up comedian Carly Aquilino back in 2015, before dating writer and actress Cazzie David for two years until 2018. From May 2018, Pete started his romance with Ariana Grande and proposed to her one month after they started dating (at least that the public knew of). The pair later split up in October that year. There were a few more girls after that but his most recent relationship right now is with Kim Kardashian. 

Pete and Kim first linked together when she was guest hosting SNL and they had to do a few bits together. After that the rest was history. They were seen going on vacation together, getting dinner, seeing a movie, and more. These two are definitely dating and who knows maybe Kim’s the one?!

Jackie is Senior at Lynn University. She is a Marketing major and has big plans for her future. She enjoys many things like fashion, content creating, and spending time with friends and family. Some of her passions are creating content and fashion. She is also the Marketing Director & President for her chapter. She hopes to have a successful career and a bright future!