This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Everyone loves a good concert. Seeing your favorite artists live is such a surreal experience. It really brings the music and songs to a whole new level. It also gives fans the experience to connect with the artist on such a different level. Overall concerts are a fun experience and a great time!

While concerts are extremely fun and entertaining for the fans, it takes a huge toll on the artists mentally and physically. They go through months living on a bus, catching flights, and being in a new place every few days. This can take a physical toll on a person. The artists are also away from friends, family, and sometimes significant others. Touring can get very lonely and depressing for some since they are basically by themselves with only people on the tour for a long time.

Sometimes artists get so drained they end up canceling tours. This is becoming a thing more and more often. The first person who did this was Shawn Mendes. Shawn Mendes’ tour “Wonder: The World Tour” began in June 2022 and was stopped in July 2022. He was going to tour the globe and planned on hitting U.S. cities like Miami, Brooklyn, and Las Vegas. The rest of the tour had been postponed and then ultimately canceled due to his mental health. He said he was excited to finally get back playing live after the pandemic, but was not at all ready for how difficult touring would be after this time away. He says:

“After speaking more with my team and working with an incredible group of health professionals, it has become more clear that I need to take the time I’ve never taken personally to ground myself and come back stronger.”

Shawn Mendes

Another artist that had canceled his tour is Justin Bieber. His tour called “The Justice Tour” was canceled due to his health issues. This tour had originally been postponed due to the pandemic. Then when it was time he continued his tour from February 2022 to August 2022. In the middle of his tour Justin experienced Ramsay Hunt syndrome. This caused paralyzation in his face. He had paused the tour from June 2022 to around August. He then went back and continued but then ultimately calanced it due to his health. He says:

“After getting off stage, the exhaustion overtook me and I realized that I need to make my health the priority right now. So I’m going to take a break from touring for the time being. I’m going to be okay but I need time to rest and get better.”

Justin Bieber

Both of these artists have canceled their tours due to mental and physical health issues. As this is understandable it is still a huge disappointment for fans who were expecting and excited to experience these artists’ songs live. I personally had tickets to go see Justin Bieber and then when I heard the news I was distraught. Although I was very upset, it’s completely understandable. At the end of the day they aren’t just celebrities and musicians they are humans too and everyone needs a break once in a while and should prioritize their health.

Jackie is Senior at Lynn University. She is a Marketing major and has big plans for her future. She enjoys many things like fashion, content creating, and spending time with friends and family. Some of her passions are creating content and fashion. She is also the Marketing Director & President for her chapter. She hopes to have a successful career and a bright future!