Wellness

Tangible Wellness Goals For The New Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

When many people think about wellness the first thing that comes to mind is the gym but really wellness comes in many shapes and forms. There are four main types of wellness: spiritual, emotional, physical and social. Regardless of following these four types of wellness my best advice is to take a few minutes out of your day to do something that you enjoy, something that puts your body first. 

Spiritual wellness comes across when you have the ability to understand the beliefs, values and ethics that help guide your life. One should always explore their spirituality to help find who they truly are. By having a healthy emotional life this plays a major role on your overall health. To take care of your emotional wellness you should find ways that help reduce your stress levels, get enough sleep and never be afraid to ask for help. 

Humans are made to move therefore never forget about your physical wellness. There should always be some form of exercise in your day whether it be going to the gym to do an intense workout or just going for a walk around the block. Always remember to eat well-balanced meals where you are able to receive all the nutritions your body needs to function. 

Surround yourself with people who make you happy and enjoy doing what you’re doing. If you surround yourself with like-minded people you’re more likely to want to do activities that keep your wellness healthy. Social wellness is extremely important as by having a strong social network you are giving yourself support in guidance when you need it. You will have people aAround you, you will feel comfortable going to them whenever you need help. This plays an important part in your overall wellness. 

Remember it’s your life and everyone wants to live their life where they feel happy, and that all starts with caring for yourself. 

Lauren is an international student majoring in Hospitality Management. She is a very interactive, positive and friendly young lady who always gives of her best. She always wears a smile on her face and tries brighten up everyone’s day. She is very passionate about her home country and educating many young people about her beloved country.