This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Grey’s Anatomy has returned for season 16 and is better than ever. It is back and not just for one season but two! On September 26 the new season started and fans were introduced to what is said to be the best season yet, with the hospital in total turmoil from a fog that has caused absolute chaos. For anyone who needs a recap, the last episode we saw ended on an absolute cliffhanger. Our leading lady Meredith Grey had been fired for fraud along with her mentor Richard Webber and her best friend Alex Karev. We also see a glimpse of Maggie Pierce frantically looking for her boyfriend Jackson Avery in this mysterious fog. 

After months of waiting and wondering what had happened to our favorite characters, we finally got to see with the first episode and a lot of our questions were answered and yet we were left with another cliffhanger leaving everyone eager for the second episode. 

In episode one of season 16, we get some clarity on what Meredith’s new life will entail since she was fired. We see her picking up trash for community service. Thankfully, she receives no jail time but she might lose her medical license. 

We also see the birth of Owen Hunt’s daughter, and then are thrown into the rocky relationship between Teddy and Owen and their new daughter. The hardships of parenting are very real especially for these two working parents.

At the start of the episode Alex drops off his wife Jo at a mental facility and she offers him an out in their relationship, his lack of response left her broken and the therapy sessions they share throughout the episodes leave fans heartbroken, wondering if their relationship will survive. It’s safe to say at the end of the episode we know just how much Alex loves Jo. 

At the end of the episode, Amelia Shepard finds out she is pregnant and that is where fans were left in the dark again about who the father is and how she will proceed, knowing she lost a child and has suffered immense emotional trauma since.

Grey’s Anatomy airs every Thursday night and I hope everyone makes time to watch this amazing drama series. 

I was born to write epic stories and live an interesting life. I am 19 and writing is my passion. I am type 1 diabetic and have been for 17 years. I have lived in South Florida my whole life and would love to be a famous author one day. Reading a steamy romance novel is my favorite pastime. I love romance, dogs, my friends and family, and my darling boyfriend. I’m always up for a good chat with friends and coffee! My sweet tooth is my entire mouth and I live every day like its my last.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.