This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

There are certain songs where you instantly remember what happened when you first listened to them. Regarding TV shows and movies, songs can remind you what happens when the music is played. Here are five iconic songs from The Vampire Diaries. 

“Never Say Never” by The Fray

“Never Say Never” plays both in the pilot and the season finale, making it one of the most memorable songs. In the pilot, it plays at the end of the episode when Elena writes in her diary about struggling with the loss of her parents and is willing to open up to Stefan. In the season finale, the song plays when Stefan reunites with his best friend Lexie in the afterlife. 

“A Drop In The Ocean” by Ron Pope

“A Drop In The Ocean” plays when Stefan calls Elena for her 18th birthday. Stefan is not able to say anything as he is with Klaus. Elena still knew it was Stefan, and she told him she loved him and to hold on to that.

“Never Let Me Go” by Florence + The Machine

“Never Let Me Go” plays when Elena and Damon kiss on a trip with Jeremy. In this scene, both characters can’t resist not being together. They are slowly starting to fall for each other in this forbidden love. The music in the background begins to play louder as Elena and Damon kiss. 

“Hold On” by Chord Overstreet

“Hold On” plays when everyone says goodbye to Stefan after his death. This scene and song are super emotional. Fans are saying goodbye to the show and their favorite characters. In this scene, Elena reunites with Damon and her friends after not seeing them for a long time. “Hold On” is a song that, when you listen to it you instantly think of the specific scene in The Vampire Diaries. 

“Take On the World” by You Me At Six

“Take On the World” is a memorable song about vampire diaries. The music plays when Damon and Elena reunite with their families in the afterlife. After losing them at such a young age, Elena gets to see her family again. Damon gets to reunite with Stefan. This scene made fans sob as it was one of the last moments of seeing their favorite brothers together. 

These songs will always bring you back to “The Vampire Diaries” and the scenes where the music played. Which of these songs holds a special place in your heart?

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.