This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

“Just like the perfect pair of shoes that can make you feel beautiful, so can this process of healing.”

At some point we all suffer through something that is a form of loss and death; maybe in losing yourself, you find another part you never knew was there. 

Growth may be physical, like a spurt, but it can also be emotional. Some days it presents itself through new self-discovery while other days you have an empty heart cavity because it all comes rushing back. 

In the end, life’s challenges define who we are; every battle fought makes us a stronger warrior. We tend to think our situation is the worst, but that is due to the fact that it is easy to lose perspective. We think that one bad situation is the end of the world, but there is somebody who could be in a position worse than our own.

Our hardships are a kaleidoscope, they form colorful patterns that constantly change. Just like our obstacles, our understanding of ourselves and others changes daily. It is the constant fluctuation of life that makes people have a dimension.

We are the result of those around us and the building blocks that solidify our beliefs and morals. Our family, friends, and those with who we interact influence our behaviors; essentially, you are who you hang out with. Passion and understanding brings personal growth; it enriches our lives and helps us find both purpose and disposition.

As Bernice Johnson Reagon once said:

“Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” 

Andrea Sofia Berman is a creative writer and Education major. She is passionate about children and helping people. She loves to use creativity to express herself, and hopes to spread positivity through writing.