This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Since this past month has been a hard time for me with trying to juggle multiple different things,I decided to do a reset! In the beginning of November I had started to get my life together. I had realized that I needed a reset and to start juggling my life better.

First Step – Deep Clean

The first thing I did was deep clean my room. I do most of my work in my room and having a messy place to do work just makes you less motivated to get it done. I had done my laundry, vacuumed my floors, and cleaned my shower and sinks. This was a great first step to get me in a better mindset. After I looked around and saw my room look brand new it automatically made me feel better.

Step 2 – Get Organized

The second thing I did was get organized. This is something really hard for me to stay consistent with. Being organized in every aspect is particularly hard for me and I don’t really know why. So I started with organizing my desk. I had bought a few things from 5 Below like folders and organizers for my desk. This was good for me because I was able to organize things like important paper documents, dry erase board markers, hair bands, and whatever other random stuff was on my desk. Then I went over to my dry erase board and started to set up for the month November. I had written everything down that I had planned on it. I wrote the time and color coordinated everything. Everyday I look at the calendar and cross out the days and add new things. This helps me really stay on track and remember everything I have to do.

Step 3 – Set Goals

The last thing I did was set goals for myself. I have written my goals on a piece of paper and hung it up in my bathroom where I go everyday. This helps to motivate me and remind me of my goals when I am feeling lazy to get things done. Writing down your goals in a place where you will see them every day is really such a reminder and makes you subconsciously motivated to accomplish each of those goals everyday!

Since I had started this reset I have been pretty good at being consistent with it. I am more organized, juggle my time better, and feel more motivated to get things done. This reset has really helped change my mind set and I think it could help anyone else who feels that they just need to get their life back together again.

Jackie is Senior at Lynn University. She is a Marketing major and has big plans for her future. She enjoys many things like fashion, content creating, and spending time with friends and family. Some of her passions are creating content and fashion. She is also the Marketing Director & President for her chapter. She hopes to have a successful career and a bright future!