This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

It’s the best time of the year in Orlando with all the different holiday festivities! I just went to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and here are my tips and tricks to enjoy the magical evening. This is a child friendly event but that does not mean it isn’t perfect for you and your significant other to have some spooktacualr fun. For starters these tips will be valuable for next years event or for the upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.  

Dates and Pricing

The event gets longer every year. This year dates started the third week of August all the way through November 1st, regardless of this fact please be aware that some date sell out weeks before! I went on Halloween night and tickets were sold out three weeks prior. Tickets ranged from $79 per adult on Tuesday’s and Sunday’s through September and then rose up to high $90s. On Halloween night tickets were $135 each. There is another option to get a Party Pass which is a seasonal pass that allows you to go as many times as you want except for Halloween night which costed $299 per person. 

Arriving and Checking In

You may enter the park at 4pm, but sometimes you will have a problem getting in, so here are few tricks to get in without fighting security. Make a dinner reservation in the park so you can get in without hassle. You don’t have to eat at the restaurant if you make a reservation so once you get in you can blow it and start going on rides. Another trick to avoid the parking crisis is to make a reservation at the Contemporary Resort, parking is free there if you eat at the restaurant and you can hop right on the monorail and get in the park. 

Events You Must Not Miss

There is a new fireworks show that has changed since last year. To fully appreciate this show you need to be in front of the castle at least thirty minutes prior to get a good spot. Be prepared to fight a pretty unit crowd of tired children and frustrated parents. 

Another must see is Mickey’s Boo to You Parade, there were new floats this year that you get the opportunity to see twice that night. Just like the firework show you want to get a good spot thirty minutes prior and try to get a bench spot. If you are early you get to see the Headless Horseman go by which to many is the highlight of the parade. In addition to that there is a new female pirate on the Pirates of the Caribbean float, there is also a new bride added to the Haunted Mansion unit. 

Food and Drinks

I am not a huge fan of spending more money after purchasing the tickets but there are special event food options available. To start with there are Hades Nachos, which you can find at Pecos Bill. There is Headless Horseman Cheesecake at Sleepy Hollow, and a Maleficent Cone in Storybook Treats. 

Candy

Guys this is the best opportunity to go trick or treating! For me I hadn’t been in over two years and the concept was foreign. You are given a free bag, but I recommend bringing your own and hitting all the trails more than once. There is no limit to how many times you go. Most attractions have candy too. I witnessed some people leaving the park with over ten bags of candy!

Costumes

If you are a huge Disney fan you are going to want to dress up in a costume of your favorite character. I dressed up as Rapunzel and convinced my boyfriend to be Flynn Rider. My costume ruined my night for the most part. It was 91 degrees in the park that night and wearing a big dress did not help at all. I highly recommend Disney bounding! Disney bounding is when you use ordinary clothes to dress up like a character. Dress comfortably, its worth it I promise. Costumes get in the way all night not only with heat, but with getting into rides and people were standing on my dress all night. I will admit the highlight of my night was all the little girls freaking out about my costume, but in the end it was not worth it.

Final Thoughts

I highly recommend going if you can afford it. If you love Disney and haven’t been in a long time this is a great way to get into the park without paying hundreds for a one day ticket. I will definitely do it better next year after learning hacks this time. I will also be at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party this upcoming month and will share my review soon!

I was born to write epic stories and live an interesting life. I am 19 and writing is my passion. I am type 1 diabetic and have been for 17 years. I have lived in South Florida my whole life and would love to be a famous author one day. Reading a steamy romance novel is my favorite pastime. I love romance, dogs, my friends and family, and my darling boyfriend. I’m always up for a good chat with friends and coffee! My sweet tooth is my entire mouth and I live every day like its my last.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.