This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

It feels just like yesterday when I was moving into my freshman dorms. Four years later, a lot has changed. Looking back at my freshman year, I am a completely different person. Everything I’ve experienced these past four years has shaped me into the person I am today. A lot can happen in 4 years; these are my takeaways from the past college years. 

Freshman year 

When I first arrived at college during my freshman year, I did not know what to expect. It was a new country filled with new people. I was always used to going to new schools, but I always had my family with me. This was a new environment without my family near me. It took a bit of time to adjust and many different friend groups to feel settled in. Halfway through the first year, Covid-19 hit, and I was sent home. At first, I was happy to be able to go home and be with my family. After a few months, I realized how much I missed my independence and my life in college. When I first started college, I was timid and not confident. My younger self would be so proud of how I have grown. 

Sophomore Year

My sophomore year was very different from my freshman year. As we were still in the middle of Covid-19, my classes were half online and half in person. The whole schedule had changed into block scheduling. This was a new change to get adjusted to. On top of this recent change, most of my friends from freshman year had not returned. I was not new to college, but I felt lost as I barely knew everyone. I decided I wanted to put myself out there, so I joined a club on campus. Little did I know this club would forever change my life. Joining Her Campus helped me meet new people, gain confidence, and become a leader. 

Junior Year

During my time in college, my Junior year has been my best year yet. This year I finally found my people. I always struggled to find good friends, but during my junior year, I found the friends that I want around for the rest of my life. I finally figured out where I belonged and had a better idea of what I wanted to do. My confidence was boosted significantly in my junior year as I had several leadership roles. I always used to be a follower as I was timid, but I realized I like being a leader. 

Senior Year 

Now that I have entered my senior year, looking back at my last four years in college, I now realize how much I’ve changed and grown for the better. It is only the first semester of senior year, but I can already feel the time passing by fast. I have a lot of responsibilities, from school to work to being Campus Correspondent. I have a lot on my plate this year, I could have fewer leadership roles, but these roles help me become who I am today. I could not see myself having no leadership roles in my senior year. This year I am looking forward to growing more and creating long-lasting memories. 

This is a bittersweet moment as I am looking forward to graduating, but I am also not ready to graduate college and head into the adulting world. College has been the best four years of my life. I’ve learned a lot, grown, and met the best people ever. I will forever cherish these past four years, the good and the bad. 

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.