This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Life itself is comprised of energy; every action is as neutral as a neutron until given a charge. There is a part in all of us that is subconsciously attracting frequencies based on the lens we choose to live our lives. When we challenge our current realities, life is being lived from the soul versus the mind and heart. Boundaries of feasibility are based on a perception of what individuals believe is possible. Taking a leap of faith into the unknown is how we push past the restrictions of normality to live a life without regrets.

It is said that the soul is in the heart. Life is not solely contingent on what the eye can see; our other senses allow us to hear the beat in our chests and taste the sweetness of satisfaction that comes with pushing past norms. Inspiration, passion, love, and curiosity are driving forces that help us expand our parameters of what is defined as reality. Miracles happen when we open our mental pathways shifting our paradigms to include scenarios that seem nearly impossible. People like to tell us what we can and can’t do and confronting those limits is how the growth mindset works.

“And then it happens… 

One day you wake up and you’re

in this place. You’re in this place

where everything feels right.

Your heart is calm. Your soul is

lit. Your thoughts are positive.

Your vision is clear. You’re at

peace, at peace with where

you’ve been, at peace with what

you’ve been through and at peace

with where you’re headed.”  – Unknown

It is not always easy to negate the negativity which clouds the path to spiritual liberation. The Fisher Price version: listen to those who have walked the path to heed their warnings for mistakes, but don’t limit yourself to the possibilities that lay beyond the conceivable. We must be able to embrace how far we have come to reflect on where we are currently at; that is the only way to continue growing. People are capable of so much more than we realize. To quote David Goggins, author of Can’t Hurt Me, “The feeling that you’re completely tapped out actually comes when you’re only 40 percent done; you still have 60 percent left in the tank.” We allow ourselves to reach 40% of our full potential and shy away from opportunities when the circumstances become more difficult. Our brains set the bar for pain tolerance, but our soul extends that limit exponentially.

We must be able to rewire our thinking to make outliers a common denominator. Acknowledge the power of the reality you want and push to expand the perimeter of the box of normalizations. Things happen for us, not to us; people who recognize that concept thrive by racing past the marked finish line to run a longer distance. Living life with soul is not about finding motivation, it is rewiring our brains to push past the pain and embrace the natural high of infinite possibilities.

Andrea Sofia Berman is a creative writer and Education major. She is passionate about children and helping people. She loves to use creativity to express herself, and hopes to spread positivity through writing.