Wellness

Letter to My Readers: Taking One Day at a Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Why do I feel so tired? Did I get enough sleep? Am I eating three meals a day? When should I study for the test this Friday? Maybe I should do a face mask tonight. When will I finally get a break?  

Hey girlie, it’s me again. 

Have you drunk water? Eaten breakfast? Did you fully wake up this morning? I know you’re tired and stressing over exams, papers, projects, and your personal life. But you need to look at the small gifts that you have gotten today. You got the chance to wake up, have clean and running water, and food in your pantry. Sometimes life hits you with bad days, and that is completely okay, because when those bad days happen, you will tend to enjoy the good ones. 

Life is messy and it is the dizziest roller coaster that you will come off of, but when you tend to appreciate and love the small things life has to offer you, everything will be fine. 

Wake up with gratitude that you get another day on this Earth, filled with people you love, having health and happiness. Wake up as though every day is a gift. Wake up feeling like the best version of you. Use the day to do everything that makes you happy and successful. Take up a new hobby. Try to complete your goals. Celebrate your successes and understand that failures are a part of the journey. Take care of yourself, love yourself, and be patient with yourself. You are a queen that is building her empire. 

Remember to take it one day at a time because Rome wasn’t built overnight, and neither will your empire. 

With lots of love, 

Alyna 

Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.”

Diana, Princess of Wales

Alyna is Junior/Senior at Lynn University. She is studying International Business Management. She loves to use her creativity, ever since High school she has been bringing her creativity to life. Being healthy, be kind to others, and working on herself is one of the biggest values that Alyna has.