This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Life, laughter, and love saturated the air. The music danced with different genres and beats and rhythms. The setting engulfed us with celebration and connection. Hands were free, and bottoms were up. Our voices boomed—rolling loud, I would say. We’re here for a good time, not a long time. It was just us, alive and well. Nothing else mattered. A new life was about to unfold; a new journey had just begun.

This is Legally Loud.

The day was finally here. I revered this day, yakking about it for months and waiting for it forever. It was my own. It was my party. Everyone was here to celebrate me, a new me. Family and friends surrounded me. That’s how it should be. My backyard hosted us all. It was home. Good food and good music, the heart of a Bahamian. COVID lurked beyond our doors, but it couldn’t get in. It didn’t stop the show. Life went on, just for a few hours. No pandemic. This is what it’s all about. As Drake would say: “More life, more everything!”

A long, beautiful ponytail made an entrance from the back, while a facial masterpiece did so from the front. It had effortless blends and shades that accentuated my features, giving jawline and lips. Studs exquisitely sat on my face, and magenta faultlessly layered my body. Modelesque. It was a look—one I never did before but did so well. My family and friends adored what I was putting out, so they returned the love.

The moment was rose gold. Pink treats accented my multilayered cake, which held its ground, embellished with gold butterflies, white pearls, and pink and purple compliments. Instead of the old “Happy Birthday,” my cake spoke legacy with thick gold writing: “The Bailee Miller’s Szn.” A rose gold “Happy 18th” sprung out of it, along with sparklers, bringing further vivacity. Without a doubt, the cake tasted as good as it looked. It was everything!

Grassed backgrounds brought style, as one had a wooden circle with “The Bailee Miller” and white flowers, while the other hosted a golden 18 with pink and white balloons. And as I said, the moment was rose gold; a rose gold backdrop stunningly complimented our photobooth. We also had crops that truly made them say a thousand words. Lastly, a chalkboard captured more of a retro look as it held polaroid prints with hashtags: #HERszn, #vibes, #cheers, #18.

I hosted a sip n’ paint themed “Sippin’ on Baliś.” My friends and I put our art skills to the test and painted our version of a girl with crowned curly hair. Of course, some were better than others. This lasted about an hour, then more family started trickling in, and the party was ready to come to life. We laughed and sang and danced and cheered. The noise echoed across the yard. We were living our best lives. Elegance turned into chaos, beautiful chaos.

Night fell, but we didn’t care. It was us and the stars. I shined with them. There were so many vibes—everything we knew and treasured about Bahamian culture. It was only right to have some savory bites before the Reggae and Dancehall licked off. Macaroni, curry chicken, and shrimp kabobs satisfied our stomachs, while fruit punch, lemonade, and a famous Bahamian beverage, Kalik Radler, quenched our thirst. There was just noise, so many different voices, tunes, and beats. We used anything to let the neighborhood know it was a celebration. Our hearts were set ablaze as the Bahamian spirit had lit up within us. It was the last moments of my day: 1 out of 366. I cherished it all.

The 18th edition—my 18th chapter—brought me into the legal lifestyle, and I never looked back.

She shows the world who she is and what she's made of by sharing her perspective and values, emerging into a global statement. She embodies leadership, peace, and integrity. Ultimately, Bailee is the Chief Executive Officer of her legacy, growing with undefeated passion.