This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

After several delays, the highly anticipated sci-fi film is out worldwide! Dune follows a young and gifted Paul Atreides (Timothee Chalamet) as his high-born family is called to duty on the most dangerous planet in the universe. The film is based on the 1965 science-fiction novel by Frank Herbert. 

Canadian director and writer Denis Villeneuve decided to pick up the challenge to adapt the novel into a film. The film will be divided into two parts as the book is too long to be made into one film. The first Dune movie is 2 hours and 35 minutes long. Part one of Dune focuses on Paul Atreides’s story. Part two would focus on Chani (Zendaya) as we barely got to see the character and its storyline. 

On Tuesday, October 26, Legendary Entertainment announced that Dune would be getting a part two. It is set to premiere on October 20, 2023. Dune earned 41 million dollars in ticket sales in its first weekend, so we know Dune part two is in popular demand. Part two will follow Paul Atreides to take revenge on the noble families. The cast has not been announced yet, but it is safe to assume that Timothee Chalamet and Zendaya will be back on the big screen. 

Denis Villeneuve’s adaptation of Dune’s casting was terrific. The cast did a fantastic job of performing the characters. The film stars Timothée Chalamet will star as Paul Atreides, Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica, and Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides. These three characters are a family who is of the high born “House Atreides.” Other actors include Zendaya (Chani), Jason Momoa (Duncan Idaho), Josh Brolin (Gurney Halleck), Dave Bautista (Glossu Rabban), and more. 

Dune is filled with action-packed scenes and amazing visual effects. It captures you, and you keep wanting more and wondering what will happen next. Dune is available to watch in theaters and on HBO Max.

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.