This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

For some of us, it’s hard to think that it’s come to our last year of college but for other people, they may be grateful that it’s their last year of school. When the first day of your senior year arrives, you get overwhelmed with thoughts, there is the happiness along with the fear. You start to begin to think where do I go from here! Yes, you still technically have one year left of school, but the rest of your life begins after that one year.

I have always been one to say it’s better to live in the moment and cherish the experiences rather than thinking about your future, but for the last few months, I have truly thought about my future. I have been asked so many times. What are your plans after school? Where do you want to go? I simply cannot answer this question. The world has so much to hold, so why must I decide right now?

If you’re like me, when you start your senior year, your Simi over the college life and want to start a new chapter in your life, do you want to go travel or you want to have a real job? And quite frankly you’re just over school. But is there a certain way you’re supposed to live your senior year? In my perspective and opinion, there are two ways you could go about your senior year. You could either wish for it to end so you could start a new chapter or you could live in the moment do everything you wish you did in the previous years, make connections and  be the person you wished to be in college. There’s no right way to go about your last year of college. It’s all the personal perspective. For me I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me after college but until then I want to be present, I want to make sure that I am doing everything to make my college experience the best I can ever be because there’s no going back.

As I previously said, it is really difficult to figure out what you want off to college, the life you want to live. So I really encourage those who are struggling with the fear and stress about their life after college to honestly take things as they come. Life has a way of figuring itself out so don’t fear the uncertainty. The chances are someone has always been where you have been and you’ll figure it out eventually. So for now, focus on school and the present and the right things will cross your path at the right time.  

Lauren is an international student majoring in Hospitality Management. She is a very interactive, positive and friendly young lady who always gives of her best. She always wears a smile on her face and tries brighten up everyone’s day. She is very passionate about her home country and educating many young people about her beloved country.