Wellness > Health

Better your life with in 3 months with these easy steps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Hey, you! 

I don’t know if you realized, but we’re almost in 2024 (that’s crazy!), and have you wondered how many of those promises you made at the beginning of the year you’ve accomplished? Well, time flies! And you – just like me – wished you had been more productive throughout the year. But we still have time to become the best version of ourselves. Start with these:

it starts today

Do you always wake up and feel lost about what you should do, or is your life so busy that you’re always on autopilot and forget that you should put yourself first? Remember something: It’s no school, work, or family first; it’s your health because, at the end of the day, you’re the one who will be there for you. So, let’s start with a good night’s sleep. For starters, choose a time to go to bed and wake up regularly so that your body can rest and recover. This will help you to be more productive during your day, but most of all, it will help you to live longer! Studies have shown that less than five hours of sleep per night reduces your life expectancy, so go sleep girl! 

Hydrate yourself

When you wake up, drink 500ml of water in the morning and have breakfast. This is how you will signal your body that you’re awake and help your organs function better! In fact, 75% of our brain is made of water, which needs hydration. Also, drinking water on an empty stomach in the morning will make you feel sharper throughout the day. 

MOVE YOUR BODY

You must have heard this A LOT, but it is true! Find an activity you like and go for it, exercise at least 3x a week! The physical and mental results will be notorious, you will be more disciplined, and it will make you more confident in all aspects of your life. 

Eat your greens

You are what you eat. Eating healthy doesn’t mean only eating salad; it means eating what your body needs! I’m sure that before McDonald’s and all those processed foods existed, people didn’t need to eat them, and they lived well! What I mean is that life is a balance. If you want to become a new person these next months, leave your comfort zone and try something new. Nourish your body with good food, and you’ll see how energetic you’ll become and happier! And of course, like I said, it’s a balance: eat your snacks occasionally! >3 

checklist

There’s one specific topic that a lot of people miss: organization. If you didn’t accomplish some of your goals this year, it might be due to a lack of organization. Now, keep track of your goals. Where do you want to be in the following months? What do you want to achieve? Read more, get more good grades? Choose what’s essential for you and make them your priority. You can do anything; you just need to be more organized! Write down on your phone, iPad, or pc and create a path to achieve those goals. 

Remember, glow-ups won’t happen in just one day. It’s a process! And the best way to do it is when you enjoy the process. Enjoy who you are now, but work towards who you want to be. You got this!

Xoxo,

Thais Oliveira

Thais is a sophomore pursuing an International Business Management major at Lynn University. She chose that field because she always liked the idea of leaving a mark in the world. She is creative, loves spending quality time with her family, and one of her passions is the beauty world. She grew up in two different countries, which led her to be more resilient and expand her worldview. She is a woman attempting to change the world around her and hoping to find people that seek the same as she does.