This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

It is that time of year again! The time when the Christmas season is approaching. It includes the cold, cooking, shopping, and my favorite decorating! Decorating is one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season. The lights are just so magical and everyone’s house is so different and unique. This year, I have my own apartment and I can’t wait to decorate it. But I am on a tight budget so here are some good finds that you can also use to decorate on a budget.

Christmas Tree

Christmas trees can be really expensive. It all depends on the height and if the tree is pre-lit. The taller the tree, the more money it will be. If it is pre-lit that will also make it more expensive. Bed Bath & Beyond has a 6ft pre-lit tree on sale right now for $35, regular price is $80. Honestly, I do not think either of those are bad prices especially if you are splitting it with roommates.

Ornaments

Ornaments are the best part of Christmas for me. My family puts so many on our tree and we make it look different every year. Some people like to have the same exact one every year and others like to change it up with different themes. Ornaments can get really expensive, especially if they are customized. But for college kids Five Below has our backs! They have a variety of ornaments in different colors for $3. This is perfect for a starter tree and something simple. Also, if you want to make customized ornaments to put on your tree you can go to any craft store and get clear ornaments balls, glue, and glitter. Then you put the glue inside the ball and spread it around. Lastly you put the glitter in and then you can write your name on it. It’s a simple and easy way to make customized ornaments for cheap.

Stocking

Christmas stockings are such an important part of Christmas. It shows who’s in your family and really just makes the decorations in the house. Hanging them over the fireplace or on your railings is the best way to display them. Now personalized stockings can get expensive depending on which kind you pick and how you put the names on them. Luckily, Amazon had some pretty good deals on personalized stockings. Also another cheap and simple way to personalize stockings is to take the glue and glitter mentioned before and just write your name in glue on a regular stocking and then put the glitter on top of it. That is a simple way and you can use what is left over to make ornaments!

This is how to decorate for Christmas on a budget. Although I would love to go all out and do so many things for Christmas it is hard on a college kid budget. So these things I will definitely be doing!

Jackie is Senior at Lynn University. She is a Marketing major and has big plans for her future. She enjoys many things like fashion, content creating, and spending time with friends and family. Some of her passions are creating content and fashion. She is also the Marketing Director & President for her chapter. She hopes to have a successful career and a bright future!