This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

After traveling internationally for 19 years I’ve come up with some necessities that are needed for a good and smooth flight. Travelling is always stressful and we always seem to forget some simple stuff. I am going to give you my five top tips of things you need to bring on your flight. 

Portable Charger

Bringing a portable charger when traveling is a must. You never know when your devices might die. When traveling a portable charger is a lifesaver. Your boarding pass might be on your phone, when landing you might need to contact someone, or you might just want to listen to music. 

Bring a Reusable Water Bottle

When traveling, having water is a must. When passing through security they will make you throw out your water. You will get thirsty and the airport overcharges for water. Bring a reusable water bottle! The airport has several places where you can fill it up. If you have a long flight I suggest bringing two or more water bottles as during the flight you won’t receive drinks that often. 

Bring Snacks

No matter how long your flight is, snacks are a necessity. Airplane food is not the best. While traveling you will get hungry so it is a good idea to bring snacks. Make sure the ones you bring will not get crushed when traveling with it. I definitely recommend bringing healthy snacks, but also bring a sugary snack when you need energy.

Download Movies

There is not a lot to do on the plane. The best thing to do is download movies and TV shows. Netflix allows a lot of content to be downloaded. This will help make the flight go by much faster. Some planes offer wifi but it is expensive so it’s best to have your own content downloaded. 

Bring Layers

The plane gets very cold. It is important to bring layers. When getting on the plane you might be very warm, but with the air conditioner, you will get cold. Not all flights will give you blankets, so you might get cold if you don’t bring layers. 

These are some of my tips so you can have a good and smooth flight! When rushing for your flight, make sure to not forget about these things.

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.