This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

A well-packed college backpack is essential once you get started with classes. It makes your academic and personal life so much easier, as we are constantly moving around campus and leaving campus. Here are five must-haves for your backpack this school year that will allow you to be more productive and be prepared for any last-minute circumstance. 

1. Notebook 

Having a notebook will allow you to take notes on anything, you can record key points from class and draw any visual diagram that will help you remember what you learned in class. You may even use it in your daily life to take notes on what you need to do during the day. If you think of getting one don’t forget to get pens to write with. You can even buy color pens and get creative with your notebook. 

2. Electronic Device Chargers 

We have all gone through the experience of running out of battery in the middle of the day. Once you are in class you want to make sure your tablet or computer has battery so that class can run smoothly. Sometimes, we forget to charge our electronic devices for class, this is why it will be very helpful to always carry a charger in your backpack. 

3. Water Bottle 

Staying hydrated is very important for your health and even for your concentration. It is also convenient to have a water bottle so that you don’t have to leave in the middle of a class to drink some water and miss out on any part of a lecture. You will not have to worry about having to wait until break time to drink some water. 

4. Umbrella

Having an umbrella is  essential for students who study in Florida. Once you finish class you won’t have to wait for the rain to stop or get all wet while walking back to your dorm. Having an umbrella will allow you to be prepared for any unpredictable change in weather. 

5. Headphones

I would recommend getting headphones for college as it will allow you to block any external noise to focus and be productive. Headphones are essential mostly in library settings to watch videos without worrying about the noise that could distract other students trying to focus. In many classes you are required to watch any virtual lectures or videos, headphones will help you to have privacy and avoid disturbing others.

This is Arianne, she is from Peru. She is a junior at Lynn University majoring in International Business. She really enjoys to hangout with friends, read and travel. A fun fact about Arianne is that she loves to dance!