This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

If I am being honest, lately, I have had a few ups and downs when it comes to loving myself. I know it can be a process or journey, but once you get to where you want to be, you will be able to look back on all of the effort and progress you made. I know that I struggle with certain things when it comes to confidence and I try to work on myself a little every day. These tips might not work for everyone, but these are the things that at least help me. 

For one, I try to look at myself as a whole and ask myself, “what do I think are my strengths and weaknesses?” or “what should I improve on?” It usually takes me a little bit of time to think of what I do in fact want to work on. Once I do figure it out, if it is something I notice goes on in my everyday life, I try to work on it everyday. Let’s say I struggle one day on something I am working on. I then reflect on what I did, what I could have done instead, and next time I am working on that same skill I make sure to be aware of what I should do instead so I do not make the same mistake. 

Another thing I do, and something that I as well have a problem with, is letting go. I feel that, at least for me, that letting go of the past or hard situations that are stuck in my brain, I try to come to a conclusion of what I could do next time. I feel that this helps me with my confidence a lot. And also, like I said previously, if I come across a similar situation, I remind myself of what I can do in the moment to make myself feel better. 

The last thing I do, though it is cliche, is try to not compare myself to others. This is a big problem of mine that I am constantly working on for both my mental health and loving myself. This is something I have done my entire life, even when I was little and I didn’t truly understand what I was actually doing. I always feel that no matter how bad a situation is for someone else, they will always have it better than me. So how do I fix this? Lately, I will compare positive situations that I know me and the other person has both been through. Or I will remind myself that I am similar to them because I have that same thing in common with them, or I am able to relate to them somehow. This really really helps me a lot when I feel not confident in myself. 

I hope these tips were able to help you with your self confidence, if that is something you struggle with. Remember no matter how hard life gets, to always keep trying, stay positive, and never give up!

Lily de Rooij is a senior this year at Lynn University. She love the connections and memories she has been able to make throughout the years here at HC. Her favorite part about being on the team, is coming up with new social media ideas and posts.