Fear of getting bored over winter break? Get a seasonal job 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

It’s getting to that time of the year when we say our college goodbyes to our friends. But don’t worry it’s winter break so its a short one. If you’re someone like me who can’t sit still for long periods of time and constantly has to be busy the best thing for you to do is probably get a seasonal job. By doing this you getting extra money and keeping yourself busy.   

There are many places hiring nation wide I am sure! So you could most likely get a job anywhere you’d like. You can choose to travel to a place that is known to be more touristy over this time or you could simply look for jobs in your hometown or city. Some people might choose to find a more serious high income earning job over the holidays. Where as others are just trying to find a job for extra money and to get rid of the boredom. These are both valid reasons to work a seasonal position. One thing about working over the winter break is that there will be many open positions to replace the employees who have gone home to be with their families. For example many retail stores that employ high school students or college students know that at this time of the year many of them will be unavailable to work as they are going to different states to be with their family.

If you are someone who is not going anywhere for the winter break you can find a job at a store in the mall a few days a week to earn some extra money and have something to get you out of bed each day. You could even look into taking over a friends position while they go home and you work their job for the season. Personally, I would say that this is easy money as you know wherever you go during winter break places are most likely hiring as it is a busy season in many areas and they need people to work.

I have greatly considered myself getting a seasonal position and I most definitely will if I were staying in Florida as I would have none of my friends here as they all would’ve gone home. But I’m lucky enough to be going home myself. And that being said it is completely understandable if you want to just have a break and relax at home with your family and fury friends if you have. This is just an option for one to do over winter break if where you live does not have much to offer in activities over this time!

Lauren is an international student majoring in Hospitality Management. She is a very interactive, positive and friendly young lady who always gives of her best. She always wears a smile on her face and tries brighten up everyone’s day. She is very passionate about her home country and educating many young people about her beloved country.