This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

So here we are again, starting a new year in college. Except this time the feeling is different. I have many mixed emotions about starting this new year. I’m happy but sad, excited but nervous, and confident but fearful. I have all of these mixed emotions because this will be my last year. That’s right, I am now a senior and this will be my final year in college. 

As I am starting my senior year, I also reflect on my junior year. I have learned a lot of lessons, not just academically. My junior year was not easy for me for multiple reasons. But I made it through and it just showed me that I can handle anything, even at my worst. I have taken a lot of lessons from my junior year and I am now ready to take them with me into my senior year. 

I just wish for my senior year to be filled with joy and happiness. There are so many exciting things happening for me and I just can’t wait. I have graduation, job hunting, moving back home, and many more exciting things that will be happening. On the other side of that, I also will have to leave my friendships and relationships that I made here which will be very hard. I will have to leave my school, my roommates, my friends, my coworkers, and anybody else I have met here. I know that will not be easy for me and I will be dreading that part. See this is why I have so many mixed emotions this year. On one hand, I will finally be able to start my life and learn what it takes to be an adult working a full time job. I can finally start to live out my dreams and achieve all of my goals. On the other hand, I will be leaving everything I have done here in three years behind. I will not be living with my roommates, seeing my friends all the time, and working the part- time job that I love ever again. 

It is a very bittersweet feeling being a senior. But until that last day comes, I just want to try and live in the moment as much as I can. I wanna do things and learn things that I have not yet done. I just really want to live each day to the fullest and have no regrets about my senior year. So here’s to senior year… the best year ever.       

Jackie is Senior at Lynn University. She is a Marketing major and has big plans for her future. She enjoys many things like fashion, content creating, and spending time with friends and family. Some of her passions are creating content and fashion. She is also the Marketing Director & President for her chapter. She hopes to have a successful career and a bright future!