This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Finals week is coming, and the stress is coming up to an all-time high. During stressful times it is essential to take time for yourself and relax. Even if you do something small for yourself, it is better than not doing anything at all! Here are three different easy types of self-care you should try during a stressful week.  

Call a Friend  

One of the best ways to relax is to call and catch up with a friend. Whether it is a five minute conversation or a two hour conversation, you will feel much better and relax after it. You can explain everything that is happening to your friend, and they can give you advice on the situation. I can confirm that talking to my best friend after a stressful day I felt much more relaxed. It is super nice to catch up and end up talking about something completely different than why you called your friend for. 

Journal  

When the stress is taking over you, and you don’t know how to cope, try to write about your feelings. Writing all that you feel on a piece of paper can help release all of your emotions and anxiety. You can also draw in your journal and design it however you want. You can take five minutes to express how you feel every day, and it can release all your anxiety. 

Watch Your Comfort Show 

Sometimes when we are very stressed, we need something to comfort us. Watching your favorite comfort show is one of the best ideas after a long stressful day. Even if you have just one episode, that is one great way to have a little bit of self-care. A comfort show is a tv show that no matter how many times you’ve seen it, you always feel better after watching it. This shows gives you a sense of comfort. 

These are easy and relaxing self-care ideas that you can do after a stressful day. Which one of these self-care activities you will be trying?

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.