Controversial Youtuber Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

YouTube is one of the largest growing social media platforms. Many channels post content usually sticking with a particular topic, like family vlogging focusing on family life and milestones, or makeup gurus focusing on everything makeup; when a family or personal changes their “topic” or speaks on something they don’t usually speak on, they tend to get hate and judgment. Here are three channels that did just this. 

1. The Labrant Fam

The cutest little family with gorgeous kids is usually what most people maythink of the Labrant Fam as. They have four children and share their passions, like dancing and fun memories with viewers. Recently Labrant Fam has spoken on topics they are passionate about, but are controversial for many. They uploaded a documentary to Youtube on human life and their support for pro-life. They shared their opinions respectfully and passionately and got shammed by viewers and even other YouTubers. With controversial topics, no one person is “right” because every person with an opinion will believe their thought process is the right one. Since the Labrant Fam does not regularly post their views on such topics, more judgment and hate probably occurred. https://youtu.be/Je1Azu5XHYM 

1. James Charles

The talented makeup guru found fame when his senior photo went viral for being full glam; he went on to become the first male Cover Girl. And has been an influential makeup figure for many inspiring makeup artists, having his makeup artist competition series and the ever-so-famous James Charles X Morphe artistry pallet. He has had his fair share of the negative limelight. James has been accused of exchanging inappropriate messages with underage males twice. James was lied to about their ages and has trust issues now. James is extra cautious as people want to cancel him. He had been so-called canceled twice…but he popped right back up after a lengthy social media break. James now focuses on makeup as well as fashion and trends, which is his youtube content to date. Love him, or hate him; he is a sensation. https://youtu.be/drf_Cdlljko 

1. Markie 

Callum Markie, known as Markie, is savage, tearing people apart on youtube. He makes controversial content about controversial people. Many may say he is starving for attention, so he tears other people down…but people continue to watch his videos. He gets thousands of views on his videos because, let’s face it, people  like hearing about the tea, and Markie does not hold back; he says what everyone else is thinking and is afraid to speak on. People continue to watch his videos, but comment hate while doing so. He brings a lot of negativity to other YouTubers. He isn’t that cool. https://youtu.be/947USuBi1YY 

Ava Margolis grew up in New Jersey and now resides in South Florida. Margolis attends Lynn University where she studies Multimedia Journalism. Margolis plans to continue her education to become a therapist for children. She is outgoing, compassionate, and an adventurous person who loves sharing her passions with others.