This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

After the highly anticipated wait, season 5 of Cobra Kai has finally been released on Netflix! This season is filled with action scenes, plot twists, and relationships. The last season ended by having Miguel (Xolo Maridueña) heading to Mexico to find his father and Tory (Peyton List) finding out that her coach Terry Silver (Thomas Ian Griffith) fixed the match by paying the referee money to make Cobra Kai the winner A lot is happening in season 5; here is everything you need to expect. 

Plot

After Miyagi Do and Eagle Fang lost the All Valley Tournament against Cobra Kai, they had to close down their dojo and let Cobra Kai take over the Valley. Daniel Larusso (Ralph Macchio) is not willing to give up so easily. This season Daniel Larusso (Ralph Macchio) tries to take down Terry Silver (Thomas Ian Griffith) and Cobra Kai with the help of his friends and family. 

Characters 

In this season, we got introduced to some new faces and reunited with some old ones. Chozen Toguchi (Yuji Okumoto) from the original Karate Kid movies played a significant role this season. Chozen and Daniel Larusso (Ralph Macchio) partner up to take down Terry Silver (Thomas Ian Griffith). Jessica Andrews (Robyn Lively) and Mike Barnes (Sean Kanan) made an appearance this season. These fan favorites characters were facing the loss of the last tournament and trying to find ways to cope with it. 

Fight Scenes 

Cobra Kai is known for its iconic fight scenes, and there were many this season. Daniel Larusso (Ralph Macchio) and Terry Silver (Thomas Ian Griffith) have a few flights this season. Miguel (Xolo Maridueña) and Robby (Tanner Buchanan) fight their problems out. We haven’t seen a solo fight between each other since the season 2 finale fight. No Cobra Kai season is complete without having a showdown between both dojos.   

Relationships 

While Cobra Kai has a lot of fight scenes, they also have many relationships that affect the plot. This season caused a lot of tension and created many wedges between fans’ favorite relationships. In this season, the characters learn to put their differences aside and work together as a team. 

A lot is happening in season 5; there is a lot of action and plot twists you do not want to miss. Be ready to go on an emotional roller coaster with your favorite karate fighters. Cobra Kai season 6 has yet to be announced, but the director has mentioned the script is in the making!

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.