This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Hey, you! 

So, I’m a 22-year-old student, and let’s be real—life and classes can be a liiitle overwhelming. You’ve got assignments piling up, exams around the corner, and let’s not even talk about those early morning lectures. So, let’s try to remind that we all need a break, a moment to unwind and just breathe. And what better way to do that than with some fantastic movies that’ll make you fall head over heels for autumn? <3

Picture this: it’s a cool, breezy evening, you’re curled up on your favorite couch, and the scent of a freshly brewed pumpkin spice latte wafts through the air. Trust me, these movies are your ultimate ticket to tranquility. Let me just tell you why they’re the perfect remedy for those busy days. 

The lake house

Okay, so picture this: Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock sending love letters through a magical mailbox. It’s like online dating, but with a side of autumn vibes! “The Lake House” is a cozy, mystical love story that’s perfect for those nights when you’re craving a little romance and a lot of fall feels. Plus, the lake house itself surrounded by autumn leaves? Total aesthetic goals! 

Ever after

Ever After” is basically Cinderella for the girl who doesn’t need a prince to save her. Drew Barrymore (Danielle) is all about girl power! Plus, the movie’s medieval setting with castles, forests, and autumn leaves everywhere is like a fairy tale dream come true. If you’re into strong female characters and stunning fall visuals, this one’s a no-brainer. 

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE

Forget boring old English literature class; “Pride and Prejudice” is the real deal. Keira Knightley’s Elizabeth Bennet is the ultimate strong-willed heroine, and the movie’s countryside scenes in the fall are Instagram-worthy. If you’re a fan of timeless love stories and dream of getting lost in a different era, this one’s for you. 

THE PROPOSAL

“The Proposal ” is like a rom-com with a side of Alaska, and the autumn scene at Gammy’s house is like a warm hug. Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds bring the laughs, and you’ll find yourself rooting for unexpected love. It’s perfect for when you want to unwind and be reminded that love can surprise you, just like those sneaky autumn leaf piles!

runaway bride

Julia Roberts and Richard Gere reuniting in a romantic comedy? Yes, please! “The Runaway Bride” is all about quirky small-town life, hilarious characters, and heartwarming moments. Watch it when you need a good laugh and a reminder that sometimes self-discovery is a lot like those colorful autumn leaves falling around you. 

These movies are like a cozy blanket for your soul, and they’ve got a little something for everyone—whether you’re in the mood for romance, laughter, or just a break from the textbooks. So, grab your popcorn and make it a movie night. Trust me, these films will make you fall in love with autumn all over again!

Xoxo,

Thais Oliveira

Thais is a sophomore pursuing an International Business Management major at Lynn University. She chose that field because she always liked the idea of leaving a mark in the world. She is creative, loves spending quality time with her family, and one of her passions is the beauty world. She grew up in two different countries, which led her to be more resilient and expand her worldview. She is a woman attempting to change the world around her and hoping to find people that seek the same as she does.