This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Have you been to Starbucks lately? Of course you have it’s finals week! The best part of finals week being in December is the glorious holiday flavors. But there’s so many to choose from, so how do you pick the one you are going to like the best?

I’ve been drinking Starbucks holiday flavors for the last 3-4 years, and I look forward to them all year long. I definitely go to Starbucks more in the winter time than any other part of the year because the flavors are so out of this world. 

This year there are five classic treats available. Those being the Peppermint Mocha, Eggnog, Caramel Bruleee, Chestnut Praline, and Toasted White Chocolate Mocha. You can get these flavors in a frappchino or latte, it’s really up to you. I’ve tried all of the flavors as fraps and only some as lattes. Here are some tips for those of you who are unsure of which treat to choose. 

Peppermint Mocha Frap/Latte

This drink has been around since 2002! Can you believe it? If you like chocolate with a hint of peppermint this drink is for you! This is one of my absolute favorites and I get at least 3-4 during the winter season. My favorite part is the chocolate shavings on top. It’s beautifully made and just as delicious as it looks.

The Eggnog Frap/Latte

This drink was invented in 1986, but the recipe has been changed over the years. I am a huge fan of eggnog, and I did not like this drink. I tried it hot and cold, I preferred it as a latte, but I absolutely hated it as a frap. If you aren’t an eggnog fan do not try this one, if you are an eggnog fan try it as a latte first. 

Caramel Brulee Frap/Latte 

This is a fairly new drink that came to be in 2009. I have to admit it’s one of my favorites as it has to be the sweetest treat you will have all year. This drink is for anyone who has a major sweet tooth, and I for one fall into this category. 

Chestnut Praline Frap/Latte

This drink is Christmas in one sip. Invented in 2014 this drink is my all time favorite. I tried it for the first time this year and was pleasantly surprised with combinations of every flavor you could associate with Christmas. 

Toasted White Chocolate Mocha Frap/Latte

Last but not least! This one came to the holiday line up in 2017 and has proven to be a very popular flavor. I’ve always been a fan of anything white chocolate and this drink is absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend this one if you prefer white chocolate over milk chocolate. 

I hope you get to try all the holidays flavors while they are available!

I was born to write epic stories and live an interesting life. I am 19 and writing is my passion. I am type 1 diabetic and have been for 17 years. I have lived in South Florida my whole life and would love to be a famous author one day. Reading a steamy romance novel is my favorite pastime. I love romance, dogs, my friends and family, and my darling boyfriend. I’m always up for a good chat with friends and coffee! My sweet tooth is my entire mouth and I live every day like its my last.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.