This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Pumpkins, hay rides, corn mazes, farm animals, and homemade ice cream! What more could you ask for during this fall season?   

Bedner’s is located on 441 near Atlantic avenue. This festival runs until the 31 of October is the first place to go with friends for some great photo spots or quality time with your significant other. Being a born and raised Floridian this festival is one of my favorites so that I feel like I’m participating in fall events even though Florida doesn’t have a fall season. Here are my tips to get the most out of your money and time. 

1. Be there early!

Saturday is the best day to go, but you have to be there before noon for a good parking near the event. Sunday is the busiest day of the event and parking on the road begins at 11am. If you want to go on a Sunday aim for after noon or around lunch time, only problem with that timing is that it’s the hottest time of the day and you will melt! Thankfully water is cheap and they have plenty of vendors selling ice cream, popsicles, Italian ice, and fresh lemonade.

2. What to wear?

It’s going to be hot! So don’t pick an outfit that you would typically wear in fall! Something else to remember is that you are going to a farm! A farm is dirty, and full of mud! Don’t wear your favorite shoes or boots. Wear something you won’t mind getting dirty. I wore a plaid shirt with a tank top so if I got hot I could take it off, and still look cute for pictures.  

3. Cash or Card

Parking is free and everything else will cost you a small fee. You can pay with a card for most of the activities but cash is better. Here is a break down of the costs: Pumpkin picking: can cost from $4 to $18 depending on the size of the pumpkin. Hay ride: $6 per person. Corn maze: $6 per person. Farm animals including camels: $10 per person. Homemade ice cream: $3. Root beer floats: $5. 

4. Best Fall Picture Opportunities

Bring your best photographer, this is a great place to get those fall pictures. There’s a huge pumpkin patch, there’s photo spots all over the farm for you to take pictures with hay barrels, trackers, and animals. This is the best opportunity to take fall pictures locally, as there are no other indicators of fall here. 

5. What Food You Have To Try!

Have you ever heard of cider donuts? I had never heard of them before going to Bedners. It is a must try along with their homemade ice cream that is made in barrels right in front of you! You can buy fresh corn on the cob too which is a tasty treat to eat with all the sweet things you’ll find there. 

Hurry and stop by the fall festival before the end of the month!

I was born to write epic stories and live an interesting life. I am 19 and writing is my passion. I am type 1 diabetic and have been for 17 years. I have lived in South Florida my whole life and would love to be a famous author one day. Reading a steamy romance novel is my favorite pastime. I love romance, dogs, my friends and family, and my darling boyfriend. I’m always up for a good chat with friends and coffee! My sweet tooth is my entire mouth and I live every day like its my last.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.