5 Birthday Gift DIYS For Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

If I were to get paid each time a friend’s birthday comes up, and I don’t know what to give them, I would probably be a millionaire by now. I know that is the case of many of you, which is why I decided to provide you with five birthday gift ideas to give your best friend on that particular day. The perfect gift for that special person!

Surprise Box

The materials you will need are simple: shoebox, paint or gift wrap paper, glue, scissors, pictures, marker, and any goodies you know your best friend loves. First, you will paint or wrap the shoe box. Then you will glue photographs of you and your friend around the box to remember all the lovely memories you have together. You can write quotes or phrases around with the marker or even write nice happy birthday typography. Finally, you place the goodies: this can be flowers, chocolates, face masks, something you know your friend will enjoy.

Photo Album

For this photo album, you can either buy an album or create it on your own! If you prefer to make it on your own, you will need a notebook, glue, scissors, markers, and construction paper to wrap the notebook. First, you will cover the notebook with cute construction paper. Then write the title of your album at the front of the notebook. After this:

1. Paste all the pictures in construction paper so you can have a cute border and cut them.
  2. After you have your photos ready, paste them by date and write something nice around them on the album.
  3. Use a lot of colors and decorate it as you prefer.

But most importantly: have fun with it!

Collage Letter

Head down to Target, the dollar store, or any craft shop and buy the initial of that person’s name. Then print several pictures of you together. You will cut the images and paste them around the letter, ending with their initial filled with memories together.

Bake and Remember!

If you are the type of person who loves to bake, this is an extraordinary chance. Bake something special for your friend. This can be either cookies, cupcakes, or even a cake. Buy a photo portrait and place a picture of both of you. This way they will have something delicious to eat and a nice memory of you together.

Positive Jar

You will only need a mason jar, white or color paper, a marker, and scissors for this gift. You will write on the white paper 100 things you love about your friend. You will then cut them and place them in the jar. You will be giving your friend a pot filled with 100 things you love about them, and whenever they feel sad or lonely, they will have that to remember how amazing they are. 

These are some cute DIYS you can follow and use as inspiration, but always try to be creative and give it your touch!

Cinthia is a Sophomore at Lynn University majoring in Graphic Design. Originally from Nicaragua, Cinthia decided to study in the United States while remaining in close proximity to her native country; thus, she chose to pursue her education in Florida. In the future, she aims to represent the visual identity of different brands and organizations. Besides her academic interests, Cinthia enjoys photography and hanging out with friends.